Sony’s demonstrations of Digital Paper at ABA Tech Show 2015 highlight the benefits of paperless technology for the legal industry. The device’s most recent enhancement includes integration and compatibility with the newest version of Worldox Web (2.0), which provides browser-based mobile access to Worldox content.
Sony will exhibit Digital Paper with Worldox at ABA Tech Show. In addition to Worldox Web 2.0 compatibility, Sony will demonstrate the new feature upgrades that have been added to Digital Paper in recent months, including internal memory encryption, based on AES 256 technology, to further protect users’ confidential data.
Worldox and Sony first teamed to introduce Digital Paper to the legal market at ABA Tech Show 2014, and since the device’s introduction, it continues to gain acceptance throughout the legal market, for reading and annotating legal documents and as a “yellow pad replacement” for handwritten notes. Digital Paper is now embraced by law firms and law libraries, many of whom recognize its potential to transform their organizations and increase efficiencies.
“Working with Worldox has proven to be a successful collaboration from the start,” said Bill Bourke, National Sales Manager, Digital Paper Solutions. “Their knowledge of the legal industry and their unique expertise has been a critical element to building Digital Paper’s success, and our integration with their newest version of Worldox Web 2.0 is the next step in Digital Paper’s ongoing development.”
Worldox Web 2.0 has been completely redesigned to support the Worldox GX4 Active Profiling technology, to provide a seamless transition between the office and mobile devices.
“Legal professionals need to access their client documents from anywhere, easily and securely,” Bourke said. “Digital Paper integrated with Worldox Web 2.0 is the perfect solution.”
Sony Digital Paper has a list price of $799 and for a limited time professionals who purchase Digital Paper will receive a six-month free subscription to Worldox Web 2.0, a $180 value. Worldox Web 2.0 compatibility requires Worldox GX4 for any mobile device.
A Better Way to Read, Write and Share
Sony’s Digital Paper is thin, lightweight, and optimized for reading and annotating full page documents. The device’s touch panel enables users to operate the menu or turn pages by simply touching the screen. Using the included stylus, individuals can write fluidly and directly on the panel, and also easily highlight and erase text, for a familiar and comfortable writing experience.
Key features and functions of Sony’s Digital Paper include:
• World’s thinnest, lightest body among devices with comparable screen sizes (approximately 9/32” and 12.6 oz.); slightly thicker than 30 sheets of paper
• 13.3 -inch electronic paper display (screen size measured diagonally)
• High contrast display (1200 x 1600 dots), 16-level gray scale, incorporating “E Ink Mobius” technology from E Ink Corporation
• No backlight enabling text to be read clearly, even in bright sunlight
• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES 256) encryption technology
• Built-in Wi-Fi functionality allowing file sharing over a wireless network
• Rechargeable thin lithium-ion battery – up to 3 weeks use on a single charge
• AC adapter or USB rechargeable (computer-based charging)
• Storage – approximately 2,800 PDF files; internal memory of 4 GB coupled with micro SD card slot for additional storage
• Touch panel (IR touch) compatible with electromagnetic induction-type touch pen input
• Dimensions – of approximately 9 1/4” width by 12 1/4” height by 9/32” depth (thickness)
• Weight of approximately 12.6 ounces
Sony’s Digital Paper is currently available, directly from Sony or through its network of authorized resellers, at a suggested list price of $799.
About Sony Electronics
Headquartered in San Diego, Sony Electronics is a leading provider of audio/video electronics and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony is noted for a wide range of consumer audio/visual products, such as the BRAVIA® 4K Ultra HD, 3D and high-definition televisions, Cyber-shot® compact cameras, Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras, Handycam® camcorders, high-resolution audio products and portable audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of audio/video technologies for broadcast, live production and B2B applications, highlighted by the CineAlta™ 4K cameras, SXRD™ 4K digital projectors, XDCAM line of tapeless technologies and a range of A/V professional products and accessories.
For more information, visit www.sony.com/digitalpaper.
E Ink Mobius is a registered trademark of E Ink Corporation.
Worldox® is a registered trademark of World Software Corporation.