Opening up Sony’s Android Tablet, the Xperia Tablet Z (Teardown)

by Kathleen 03/21/2013

We drew the curtain on our new Android Tablet – the Xperia Tablet Z – at Mobile World Congress back in February, and SGNL by Sony gave you the exclusive first look.

Being the gadget geeks we are, we couldn’t help ourselves and had to open it up for a peek at the insides. Check out the video below to see what makes this baby run. Spoiler alert: Lots of techie eye candy ahead …

1. bobby lynn brown wrote: April 7, 2013 5:33pm

I would like a free tablet PLEASE

2. ERIC wrote: April 24, 2013 8:37am

I was wondering if the tech support provided for tablet will help. I found that the once you have issues its very hard to understand how the internal process works. Techzilla.com has a cool Androir support but they don’t have sony support. Are you planning on providing tech support ( live help) any time soon?

1. Sony Support USA wrote: April 24, 2013 9:18am

Hello ERIC, you can find tech support for Sony Tablets @ http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdltype_id=110 including but not limited to Live Chat.
      I hope this helps!
      Scott Fuentes
      Sony Support USA

3. zahid mahmood wrote: May 13, 2013 3:22pm

It would be great to test this tablet. Can it be given?

1. Kathleen wrote: May 16, 2013 8:52am

Hi Zahid, glad you’re as excited as we are about Xperia Tablet Z! You can test it out when it hits retail shelves around May 24th.

4. Jeff wrote: May 13, 2013 3:34pm

I pre-ordered the Sony Experia Tablet Z on May 2. I received an email last week saying it was on it’s way. Obviously it is not on its way as release date is listed as on or about May 24. Can you give me a more precise date as to when I will receive the tablet if I have 2 day shipping? Thank you

1. Sony Support USA wrote: May 16, 2013 9:57am

Hi Jeff,

Please e-mail your Order number to sonylistens@am.sony.com at your earliest convenience.

We will gladly follow up with our Sales team and request a definitive ship date for you.

Thanks in advance,

Pat Kennedy
      Sony Support USA

1. Jeff wrote: May 17, 2013 8:25pm

2. Jeff wrote: May 24, 2013 3:39pm

Quick question, if the device is on the store shelf today, shouldn’t those that pre-ordered weeks ago gotten confirmation of shipping or do the stores get priority. If so, what is the benefit of pre-ordering? According to the account, mine is Processing. Thank you.

5. Kirk wrote: May 13, 2013 8:03pm

Hi, looks like Sony is one step ahead of everybody again. Good job keep it up. I’d like to test this tablet z out where can I get my hands on it.

1. Kathleen wrote: May 16, 2013 8:40am

Thanks for the love Kirk, glad you enjoyed it!

6. Dyron Beavers wrote: May 14, 2013 12:28am

Does this particular Sony Z tablet come equipped with hd capabilities?

7. Majid wrote: May 14, 2013 6:41am

Can you list or describe about Sony’s proprietory apps that are included with the tablet? and their usage. Also, if user would like to get additional of the same in future, will they be available? at a cost or free? Thanks

8. Alex wrote: May 26, 2013 10:16pm

Adhesive sealant? I’m a little disappointed — but still cheers on the rest of the specs, including the microsd card slot to expand storage! I’d buy it if I could replace the battery and put the back cover on without issue, but using sealant, is that possible? If not, how could I get the back cover back on? I’m thinking longevity — I’d like the tablet to last 5-7 years (the battery wont, so I’d like to be able to replace the battery when it dies.) Thanks.