Putting our Xperia Tablet Z back together in 60 seconds [VIDEO]

by Kathleen 03/26/2013

After seeing us tear open the Xperia Tablet Z, some of you wondered if we could reassemble it. Well … we aim to please. Don’t believe us? Just watch.

1. Audio wrote: April 2, 2013 9:39am

Does this re-seal the case to be waterproof again or does opening the case irreparably damage the waterproofing?

1. Sony Support USA wrote: April 3, 2013 10:44am

Please do not try this at home. These are trained professionals with adequate tools and talent. This should only be performed by Sony or Sony Authorized service technicians.

Thanks, Scott Fuentes
      Sony Support USA

2. Vrij wrote: April 8, 2013 6:05am

I think even a child can say that the video is speeded up!

1. Kathleen wrote: April 8, 2013 9:42am

You are absolutely correct! Good eye :)

3. TechAddict wrote: April 21, 2013 6:33am

Totally loved this video! Amazing little device too! Just bought mine when it came out in the UK, and personally, I really liked this Tablet! I travel alot for my business, so having a Tablet that has near PC functionality with fast WiFi speeds that I can easily carry with me is absolutely essential to me.

I have to say though, I found the SONY XPERIA Z Tablet that they have here in the UK absolutely PERFECT for this! In fact, my only initial gripe is that with tablets in general, you have to be much more careful about protecting the screen. But thankfully I managed to get around this pretty well by finding a decent case for it that has a strong lightweight lid, which totally solved the problem! Was pretty darn cheap too (I think it cost me less than 10 bucks on Amazon). One thing I really love about this case even more is that the one I found came built in with a magnetic sleep sensor, which automatically turns the tablet on and off INSTANTLY (so no seconds to wait like on my old Laptop). I now no longer need to even use my laptop anymore as a result, so it’s XPERIA Z all the way baby from now on! ;)

The only one model I have found so far though that had the sleep sensor feature that made it all worthwhile, was one which I think they called something really corny like the “G-Hub” case (stands for gadget hub, apparently! -But personally, I think they’re trying to be wannabe godfathers!) lol.

But all joking aside, it truly was BRILLIANT! If anyone was curious, here’s the link to it… http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFUYEGE/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers Totally made my XPERIA Z Tablet the best darned portable computer I have ever owned, and now I’ll never go back to using laptops ever again! This is just so much more convnient!!

1. Kathleen wrote: April 22, 2013 9:46am

Thanks TechAddict for the kind words. So stoked that you are loving your new Tablet!