OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES), 18 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. THE CONTEST: The Sony “Help Us With A Name” (“Contest”) consists of five (5) prizes and provides eligible entrants with the opportunity to name Sony’s Bluetooth Wireless Mobile Speaker (Model SRS-BTV5) (“Product”) as more fully set forth below. The Contest starts 02/26/13 at 9:00:01 A.M., Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends 03/08/13 at 11:59:59 P.M., PT (“Contest Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59:59 PM PT ON 03/08/13.
2. HOW TO ENTER – INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED:
To enter the Contest the entrant must complete the following steps:
STEP 2: Entrant will need to submit their name suggestion for the Product using the comments feature located at the bottom of the Contest Site page. In addition to entering the name suggestion, entrant will be required to provide entrant’s first name and email address. Entries submitted consistent with these Contest Rules and as determined by Sony judges may be utilized as the name for, or for promotional and/or advertising in connection with, the Product, displayed on the Contest Site, and/or on other Sony websites, including Sony partner websites.
3. NAME SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: In order to be entered into this Contest, entrants must comply with Contest Site Terms and Conditions at: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=terms_cond&hideHeaderFooter=true&storeId=10151 . The entry: (i) may not have been commercially available; (ii) may not have won or have been previously submitted to Sony or to any other contest, including third party contests; (iii) must be the exclusive original work of the entrant and made for the Contest; (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (viii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sony; (ix) may not include any website URLs, viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the proper conduct of the Contest; (x) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); (xi) must be in the English language or accompanied with an English translation of the audio or visual text; and (xii) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site.
By submitting an sentry, entrant represents that (i) s/he has the unrestricted right to submit the entry; (ii) all persons whose name, or likeness appears in the entry (“Entry Participants”) have unconditionally consented, in writing, the right to their name or likeness in the entry and unconditionally granted entrant, in writing, the right to submit the entry subject to these Contest Rules, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Sony upon request; (iii) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights; and (iv) Sony shall have exclusive use of the submission in any manner of media until the end of time (though Sony shall not be obligated to use the submission), and entrant will comply with all requirements to ensure that Sony shall have such exclusive use. No damaged, incomplete, forged or appropriated entries will be accepted. Entrants may enter a maximum of (3) three entries, however, duplicate submissions are not allowed. All submitted entries that are approved by Sony may be posted on the Contest Site, Sony websites and Sony partner websites, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion. All submitted materials become the property of Sony. Entrant grants Sony and others acting on behalf of Sony a royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide license to display publicly and use the entry for promotional purposes in perpetuity. This license includes posting and promoting the entry on the Contest Site, Sony websites and Sony partner websites.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All Contest entries will be judged on or before 03/15/13 by Sony, in its sole discretion, based on 30% originality, 30% creativity, 40% overall appeal of the entry with the Product. On or about 03/20/13, Sony will select the names of the potential winners from among all eligible entries, and the potential winners will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about 03/22/13. Sony’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Contest. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): TOTAL OF FIVE (5) CONTEST PRIZES: There will be five (5) winners. Each winner will receive two (2) Bluetooth Wireless Mobile Speakers, model SRS-BTV5 (ARV: $79.99 USD). All costs and expenses not specifically included above, such as all federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc., are solely each winner’s responsibility. IMPORTANT: Sony has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize a prize as described herein. The Product Prize is not redeemable for cash. All prizes in this Contest are nontransferable and non-substitutable except that Sony may, at its sole discretion, substitute a Prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. The potential winners of the Contest will each be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected. Additionally, the winners will each receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Prize, as required by law. If the Prize is won by a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required aforementioned documents.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and living within, the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia (excluding territories), 18 years or older, as of the date of entry except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “step” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Contest/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sony & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Contest, execution of, or supply to this Contest.
7. RELEASE: By acceptance of a Prize, the winner releases Sony & Others, from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Contest, including those arising out of participation in this Contest, any Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the Prize or any component of the Prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
9. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these Contest Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Contest. This Contest is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants to Sony and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrants’ Submission (suggested name for the Product), in any and all cases for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Product, Sony, the Contest or other promotions, and hereby releases Sony & Others and their respective successors, assigns and licensees from any liability with respect thereto. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony & Others are not responsible for any entries and/or entries that are lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, no later than 06/30/13, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sony Help Us With A Name Contest Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2013 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.
Sony Help or Support For questions or comments related to support, please click here.