Press Room

Exclusive: Sony’s New Compact Digital Full Frame Camera the RX1!

by Reena 09/12/2012

Yeah, you heard right. Introducing our first compact digital full frame camera, the RX1. 35mm full frame CMOS image senor? Check. Up to 256000 ISO? Check. Full manual control? Check. SGNL by Sony got an exclusive, hands-on first look at this mighty little machine. Check it out:

1. Anonymous wrote: September 17, 2012 1:28am

Where can we see some sample photos taken with the RX1?

2. Anonymous wrote: September 17, 2012 11:22pm

Re : RX1

I’m interested in RX1 but wish to know why you chose 35mm instead of a standard 50mm lens for this Fixed Lens Full Frame Camera?

Thanks.

3. Anonymous wrote: September 25, 2012 5:04pm

I don’t like carrying a heavy camera and have been waiting for someone to develop a satisfactory one that will give good quality pictures and still be somewhat pocketable.

I’m curious to see the quality of the pictures that come from this one.

Milt Lefebvre

1. Kathleen wrote: September 25, 2012 5:53pm

Thanks for the comment! We’ll look into finding sample images to share with you.

4. Anonymous wrote: October 3, 2012 2:59pm

I have wanted something like ever since I sold the last of my Leica gear. Auto focus and other specs’ seem to be the right balance for street use. Looking for it to arrive in the mail from SonyStyle. I wish the accessories were already available so I could get a jump on paying down on those before RX1 hits my in late December.

1. Kathleen wrote: October 10, 2012 12:26pm

Glad you are as stoked about the RX1 as we are. Accessories should be available soon, stay tuned!

5. Anonymous wrote: October 17, 2012 9:47am

What is the release date? I initially read it was November and am now hearing it won’t be available until late December.

6. Anonymous wrote: October 18, 2012 10:33pm

It is a so much promising camera and for me it has all what I was looking for – the FF sensor, a zeiss lens and a small body. I am not sure if I will have the budget for it but I will certainly have it on my wish list for Christmas.

7. Anonymous wrote: October 18, 2012 10:37pm

I almost forgot to explain why this is the perfect camera .. I want a camera with the best possible quality with the smallest possible footprint.

8. Anonymous wrote: November 10, 2012 9:42pm

Is there a clean HDMI out for RX1?

1. Anonymous wrote: November 21, 2012 8:45pm

I hope the HDMI is a clean 4:2:2 output as well, that would be ace :) !

1. Anonymous wrote: November 27, 2012 11:32pm

My understanding is that the RX-1 has uncompressed full1080 HDMI output similar to the new Sony A99 and Nikon D800 :)