How to troubleshoot a red or blinking light on your Sony BRAVIA® TV

by Sarah 04/14/2012

I’m ready to sit down and enjoy my evening with the family. Our favorite movie is on the Sony Movie Channel tonight. Hmmm, that’s weird… why is the little red light on the front of my BRAVIA television blinking? I’m not getting a picture either. Now this stinks! Our movie starts in 10 minutes! Let me go to Sony’s eSupport website and see what I can find to troubleshoot this.

This is what the SonyListens team would normally recommend… visit the eSupport website or call into Sony’s product support team. However, Peg has developed another helpful how-to video showing you some steps that may help you in this situation. Check out the video below and feel free to follow along with the steps listed on our eSupport site as well.

Sony TV – How to troubleshoot a red or blinking light

Did you find this video helpful? If you still need us to lend a hand, please email the SonyListens team at sonylistens@am.sony.com and we’ll make sure to get you pointed in the right direction for further assistance.

For more tips, tricks, troubleshooting and how-to videos, visit the SonyListens YouTube™ channel.

1. Anonymous wrote: May 25, 2012 3:03am

We followed directions in the video above, but it switches to green, powers up, shows hdmi input on the screen and switches right back to a blinking red light. What should we do? There was a huge storm last night. Could lightening have fried out the tv? It was plugged into a power strip with other units and they work fine.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!!
    -Kyle Skogquist

1. Sarah wrote: May 31, 2012 9:51am

Hi Kyle,
      Good morning and thank you for the comment. I’m sorry to hear about your TV. What model do you have?

~ Sarah

1. Tammy wrote: January 16, 2013 4:07pm

My Sony Bravia has the red blinking light in the Stanby light. When I first power it on, the green power light illuminates, but quickly, it goes off and the Standby light is red and flash 12 times.

I have disconnected all connected devices and unplugged for 5 mins. Still same issue. Also, tried holding down the up-arrow key on my remote and powering on. No luck either. Help!!

2. Anonymous wrote: June 29, 2012 12:32am

Unit has been great for 6years that being said suddenly I have a horizontal line about a third from the top, and a red tint circle on the left entire side with a constant flash very rapid. Is it possible to repair? Video card maybe

3. Anonymous wrote: July 2, 2012 8:43pm

What those 3 blinking red light mean & also what does 8 blinking red light mean?

1. Kathleen wrote: July 5, 2012 7:32pm

Thanks for your question. I’ll forward it along to Sony Support and we’ll get back to you asap!

4. Anonymous wrote: August 13, 2012 2:16pm

I’ve owned a sony bravia for more than 5 years, kdl2352000. for 2 days now it is not working. the red standby light is blinking 5 times and pausing and repeating in sets of 5 over and over. have tried unpluging TV from power ( for 3 hours+), no luck in tv turning on. have viewed some suggeastions online, such as holding uparrow and turning on tv with no success. have not seen any suggestions specific to a red standby light blinking and what to do. Please help, i’ve missed 2 days of the olympics and don’t want to miss my ball games. thank you for your attention to this matter.

1. Kathleen wrote: August 13, 2012 6:47pm

Yikes! I’ve sent your inquiry along to our support team, they should be reaching out shortly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

1. mike wrote: May 30, 2013 4:28am

I have had my TV for 1 year 4 months I wake up this morning and my TV is blinking red . It blinks twice can u tell me what the code is for that please .

1. Sony Support USA wrote: May 30, 2013 11:41am

Sounds like your TV may need service Mike. Unfortunately we can’t determine a diagnosis based on the blinks. Please visit http://goo.gl/90JfQ to setup an evaluation. -Amanda Jeter

2. joel matthews wrote: June 9, 2013 3:20am

a lot of problems with these flat screen tv expensive once will be dust , moister , corrosive steam from your cook stove ,, moister from the air condition… but damp dust will cause the cpu , and other ic to go in a static mode , and shut down , allso bad condensers …..call me ,, joelmatthews2gmail.com …

5. Anonymous wrote: October 21, 2012 3:32pm

own a sony ravia kdl32 ex520. keeps turning on and off by itself. cannot use remote only to turn on and off sometimes will work. all other buttons inop. red light blinking 8 times. purchased 7/27/2011. little over year old. any ideas or just throw it away get a new brand?

1. Kathleen wrote: November 1, 2012 12:41pm

Uh-oh! That’s no fun. I’ll send your contact info along to our support team. They should reach out to help you shortly. Thanks for commenting.

6. Anonymous wrote: October 23, 2012 3:39am

I bought a Sony tv about 4 months ago while watching tv tonight screen went blank than shut off. When tried to turn back on light flashes red 5 times and won’t turn on. We have unplugged it several times and nothing

1. Kathleen wrote: October 24, 2012 9:14pm

Hi there, so sorry to hear about your issue. Have you tried reaching out to our support team yet? SonyListens@am.sony.com.

2. Anonymous wrote: November 29, 2012 7:10am

Your lucky your tv is in warranty. Ours had the same problem, just out of warranty. It’s the circuit board which costs a fortune to fix. Good luck. We spent a fortune initially on the tv and it was cheaper to buy another tv (not Sony) than to fix it.

7. Anonymous wrote: November 17, 2012 2:50pm

My Sony TV is blinking red and won’t power on.
    What do I do? please help!
    Thanks,
    John McKernan

8. Anonymous wrote: November 28, 2012 6:11am

My Sony Bravia Tv KDL 46HX800 wont turn on. The red light is blinking 4 or 5 times and then pause for a while and start blinking again ( It is not a continuous blink as shown in the video)

1. Kathleen wrote: November 29, 2012 5:02pm

Yikes! That’s no fun. I’ve sent your info along to our support team, they should be reaching out shortly. Thanks for contacting us.

9. Anonymous wrote: November 29, 2012 11:34pm

My Sony KDL-52W3000 has the red light blinking 13 times and pauses, blinks 13 times and pauses, blinks 13 times and pauses, and on and on.

1. Kathleen wrote: November 30, 2012 10:57am

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. I’ve sent your contact info to our support team. They should be reaching out shortly. Happy Friday!

10. Anonymous wrote: December 1, 2012 4:51am

my sony tv blinks four times, what should i do?

11. Anonymous wrote: December 1, 2012 4:54am

Hey, my sony ty keeps blinking 4 times and wont turn on, ive tried all the above and no luck, can you help because im missing out on the x games

1. Kathleen wrote: December 3, 2012 10:44am

Oh no! That’s no fun. I’ve passed your info along to our support team. They should be reaching out shortly to help you out. Thanks for your comment.

12. Anonymous wrote: December 3, 2012 11:34am

My Sony Bravia tv won’t turn on. The standby light flashes red four times. Can you help?

1. STEVE wrote: March 25, 2013 2:39am

MY SONY BRAVIO TV TURNS ON THE N TURNS OFF WHAT MIGHT IT BE WHAT CAN I DO

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 25, 2013 8:33am

Hello Steve,

And good morning! Sorry to hear that about your Television. Did you try contacting Sony when this issue first occurred? And if so did anyone try giving you troubleshooting steps? Please let us know at your earliest convenience so we can better assist you. It would also be very much appreciated if you can send us your full model number when you have the chance. That information will be located on the back of your TV next to your serial number. Thank you! =)

-Amanda Maffei

13. Anonymous wrote: December 4, 2012 5:52am

my sony tv red light blinking while green power light is on can you help please kevin

1. Kathleen wrote: December 5, 2012 12:51pm

That’s no fun. Sent your info to our support team. Hang tight! Thanks for your comment.

14. Anonymous wrote: December 17, 2012 6:16pm

My Sony Bravia KDL-40EX400 just recently (today) started having issues turning on. Initially, the tv turns on…the SONY logo shows but then it shuts off. The LED light on the front blinks red 6 times, then stops, then blinks 6 times again. Repeatedly. No amount of unplugging or turning off the tv has helped any. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

1. Kathleen wrote: December 20, 2012 12:55pm

Strange. I’ve sent your info to our support team. They should be reaching out shortly to help you. Have a happy holiday!

1. Mike wrote: February 4, 2013 9:06pm

Same here did you find out what broke? PLEASE for the love of all thats good in this world TELL ME!! I have been looking for a fix for almost a month!!!!

1. Mike wrote: February 4, 2013 9:08pm

KDL 40EX40B … sorry still what to know what the fix is

2. Ron wrote: May 29, 2013 6:15pm

I have the same problem. Model KLD-50EX645 My unit is only 4 months old . As you I tried what Sony suggested To do . No fix

15. Lynn wrote: December 29, 2012 10:33am

I have a Sony KF-60WE610 the TV just started blinking 5 times then pausing then repeating, after about 5 times red light gors out. How can I get my tv to power on?

Looking forward to assistance. Thanks

1. Sony Support USA wrote: January 2, 2013 2:43pm

Hello Lynn, please see the following solution found on our eSupport website;

Hope this helps!

Scott Fuentes

16. Lesley wrote: December 30, 2012 5:56pm

Hi we are having trouble tuning in the digital channels, we have had this tv for about 4 years and never had them drop out and not be able to scan them back in. Video works fine and the analogue channels are there. Can you help.

Regards

1. Pat Kennedy wrote: January 2, 2013 12:04pm

@ Lesley,

Good afternoon,I’m Pat Kennedy with Sony Support USA.

Some helpful information, including How To & Troubleshooting may be found at Sony’s eSupport website @ http://esupport.sony.com/

Please visit this link for help with yor issue:

If you are unsuccessful in locating a solution there, please call our priority service # @ 1-888-750-7669 Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
      ■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

Thank you !

17. Yoshi wrote: December 30, 2012 9:10pm

My Sony Bravia KDL-60EX645 also started having very similar issues just as someone has described before. A green LED turns on for ~10 second, and it turns off. Then the LED light on the front blinks red 6 times, then stops, then blinks 6 times again. Repeatedly. I did not have any luck with a method, unplugging or turning off which was suggested in the youtube clip, called “Sony TV – How to troubleshoot a red or blinking light”. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

1. SonyListens wrote: January 2, 2013 11:15am

Hi Yoshi, I apologize you are experiencing difficulty with your KDL60EX645. Have you contacted us for some troubleshooting and/or triage yet? If not I would recommend having that done. Please call us @ 1-239-768-7547, the phone hours are Monday-Friday from 8AM midnight ET Saturday Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm ET.

Thanks, Scott Fuentes
      SonySupportUSA

18. Brian wrote: December 31, 2012 5:35am

My Sony KP-46WT520 turns off automatically. The front power light is flashing 5 times and pauses for 5 counts

19. Wayne wrote: December 31, 2012 8:54pm

Hi,
    I have a KDL-60EX640 not evening running 8 hours out of the box and mid way through a movie in HDMI/PC mode the screen went blank,
    I then tried VGA/PC mode and got picture again via laptop, then went to desktop HDMI/PC mode and again blank screen, after trying the desktop in VGA/PC mode still get a blank screen then noticed 6 blinks of red and pauses then 6 red again and with nothing plugged in at all there is still nothing no menu system at all I assume this is TV is dead??.
    Think I have also done factory reset via up arrow on remote and power button on TV still nothing, Any Ideas please

1. SonyListens wrote: January 2, 2013 10:56am

Hi Wayne, I am sorry to see that you are experiencing difficulty with your TV. Especially so soon. Have you contacted us for some troubleshooting and/or triage yet? If not I would recommend having that done. Please call us @ 1-239-768-7547, the phone hours are Monday-Friday from 8AM – midnight ET Saturday – Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm ET.

Thanks, Scott Fuentes
      SonySupportUSA

20. Pavel wrote: January 1, 2013 12:30am

I have the red blinking lights on the TV. I’ve tried the unplugging, the general reset but still after a minute or so of the TV working, the image goes and the blinking lights return. Not happy!

1. Pat Kennedy wrote: January 2, 2013 1:19pm

Greetings Pavel,

Please visit the following link at your convenience:

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact Sony Priority Service number @ 239-768-7669
      Toll Free Service: 1-888-476-6972

Hours:
      English: 24 hours x 7 days a week
      Español: 8:00am-1:00am ET x 7 days a week

Thank you!

Pat Kennedy

21. MOHAMMAD wrote: January 1, 2013 3:13am

I have 40EX600 , my TV doesn’t turn on and while power is on all 3 lights blinks , could you advise what could be the reason?

22. Kevin & Stephanie May wrote: January 3, 2013 6:30pm

We have a Sony Bravia 46″ LED. Model KDL-46EX710. It is just under 2 years old. We were watching a movie today and the TV shut off. We tried unplugging it, trying it in a different outlet, factory reset using the up arrow and power button. Nothing is helping. It will not power on, and if it does – it is only for a few seconds and then it powers off again. The power/standby light is blinking 7 times, pausing, and repeating. We called 239.768.7547 and were told that if the factory reset did not work, it was then likely an “internal error” and would need repair. We were given a number for repair and found out it would likely be $200-400 to fix this “internal error”. Our other option given by the TV support line was to take them up on their generous offer (insert heavy sarcasm here) of buying another TV for $600. I am not happy about having to spend either hundreds of dollars to fix my very expensive sony tv OR hundreds of dollars to buy another sony tv that will likely not last 2 years either. Time to head to walmart and buy a knock off brand for $300 that will likely last twice as long as the name brand sony POS that is not working.

1. pat kennedy wrote: January 4, 2013 11:20am

Good afternoon Kevin & Stephanie,

My name is Pat Kennedy and I am with the Sony Support USA Team.

I’m truly sorry to hear the experience that you have had with your television repair.

At your convenience, please provide me with your event Id number (should start with the letter “E” and have 8 digits afterwards).

Please email that to me at Sonylistens@am.sony.com with E56515556 in the subject line.

Please include your purchase receipt and any previous service invoices.

I would like to review your customer file and the agents handling of your case.

If we haven’t provided you with an event number, please send me your contact information, full model number and the issue.

I will look into this further and get back to you with a response ASAP.

Thank you!

23. Brandi wrote: January 5, 2013 5:44am

We have a Bravia, it is powering down and the red light blinks 8 times. We tried the factory reset (holding the arrow up and the power as suggested in video. It will come on for a few minutes or seconds and right back off. Please help we have NFL play-offs to watch today. HELP PLEASE!!

1. pat kennedy wrote: January 7, 2013 9:41am

Hi Brandi,

Some more troubleshooting tips can be found at Sony’s eSupport website @ http://esupport.sony.com/

If you do notlocate a solution there, please call our priority service # @ 1-888-750-7669 Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
      ■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

Thank you!

Pat Kennedy

1. Brandi wrote: January 7, 2013 6:19pm

Thanks for the advice. I couldn’t find anything to help on that website. I am gonna call the 1 800 number.

24. vivien wrote: January 8, 2013 8:44am

I have a sony lcd digital colour tv. the blinking red light is flashing 4 times then off for a count of 2. Can you tel me what is wrong? Thanks

25. Colby wrote: January 9, 2013 3:46am

Hello, I’ve always been a ‘Sony guy’ and really love the picture on my XBR4, to me it still seems better than some of the new LED’s that are put on the market by competitors IMO. Well this morning, my daughter and I were watching a Disney program and the picture failed and now giving me the flashing red LED for 6 times and continues in that cycle. I can turn the tv back on and it will come on and have a picture for a minute or so and then, no picture and the 6 flashes again. I’ve done some researching on the web but haven’t determined what the issue is. The Sony eSupport site is down for maintenance. Pls. help.

26. Joe Durkin wrote: January 12, 2013 10:06pm

Hi, I have a sony fwd-32lx2f and the red light is on but when I press power, the tv does not turn on. In fact I have two of them and they are both having the same problem. I need it to be fixed asap. Thank you.

27. Amie Pepper wrote: January 14, 2013 6:48am

We have a 3.5/4 year old Sony Bravia which is not very old, is it? We are getting an intermittent problem where the tv will not turn on sometimes. With power the red light comes on steady, but when turned on, the green light flashes every few seconds and there is a clicking noise which sounds like the speakers but nothing else. The tv stays like this until either it eventually comes on, or we get too annoyed and turn the power off again at the plug which is the only way to turn the set off. There is no response to the remote when this happens.

At other times it works fine…Have tried all the resets to no avail. Any ideas?

28. Jose Ortiz wrote: January 15, 2013 3:23pm

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Bravia KDL46EX720, And the red light in the front is blinking three times and pauses, also I can hear a weird noise coming out from the speakers when I turn it on after an outlet reset, I need help.
    Please answer and tell me what can I do, I am writing from Venezuela.

29. Crystle wrote: January 17, 2013 7:46am

Hi I have the same problem as most people above me have, my Sony Bravia tv isn’t working properly – you turn it on, a picture shows for a few seconds then it shuts itself off, the turns on again doing the same thing. This repeats a few more times before shutting off Altogether. The red standby light then starts flashing 10 times each sequence.
    Help!!

30. Nazish wrote: January 17, 2013 4:07pm

I have a Sony KDF-50WE655 the Led light on TV just started blinking 6 times then pausing then repeating. Its not turning ON . Please Help . I have seen on google that it might be Thermal Fuse if it is right what will be the Sony Part # to order & instruction how to change it . I really dont want to pay Hundreds of Dollars to get it repaired .Any suggestions ?

Thanks

31. K Moore wrote: January 21, 2013 5:42am

Hi … my Sony 40EX703 has the red light blinking for 7 times and will not turn on.
    What should I do as it is only 2 years old

32. Luis Lopez wrote: January 22, 2013 5:54pm

I have Sony Bravia Model#KDL32EX301 That from one day to next when tried to turn on the green light comes on for about 10 seconds and then it turns to a red standby light that flashes 5 times and continuous doing this all the time. No idea where to start troubleshooting. Please advice.

33. Rache wrote: February 1, 2013 1:55pm

Help! My Sony Bravia won’t turn on. The red light blinks 3 times, pauses then blinks 4 times. It pauses and then repeats the 4 blinks over and over again. I have tried the steps on the video above. Thanks

34. Mike wrote: February 4, 2013 9:29pm

KDL 40EX40B blinks 6 times what do I need to buy to fix this P.O.S. Sony AGAIN!! I have owned this Sony TV for just over 3 years and its broken twice!!! i also have a China knock off from 6 years ago (I am not gentle on that TV) and its still running great. So tell me sony why is this thread all tales of horror? should i be worried that a hunk of S#!t TV that cost almost a quarter of that yours did out-lasting and out-preforming your hunk of S#!T?

Also both TVs side by side you can bearly tell the picture quality apart are they stealing your stuff or are you stealing their stuff and making it worse in the prosess?

1. Vince Guardione wrote: March 31, 2013 1:04pm

Dear Sony Personnel: Have YOU looked at how many people have written in about the red blinking lights on their tv’s? I was on a chat line regarding our problem for two hours before I was told my time was up, and I then had to call your tech number. Funny thing, after just two minutes with the live tech, I was told that it must be a problem with my tv and she gave me two repairmen in my area, along with their phone numbers. Pretty fast on the draw with the answer and phone numbers. That started me thinking…..must be a pretty common problem with the Sony……look up some more on the internet…..

Upon checking this website and seeing all those who have taken the time to write in about their red blinking lights, knowing there is possibly hundreds of people not visiting this website and typing in their problems, don’t you think it is time to do a recall on your Sony tv?

After three hours today trying to troubleshoot this problem, I am certainly not going to pay a repair man a couple of hundred of dollars to fix this problem (the tv is only 2-3 years old). Sounds like it is not a fixable problem – we, too, went through all the hoops with the up/down buttons, power on, resetting the factory defaults, and attempting to download some new firmware (which the live tech said wouldn’t help this problem). I will go out and buy another tv, but you can bet your britches it won’t be another Sony – nor will we ever have a Sony product in our home!

And, another thing, if as we were told by your Sony representative, the amount of times the red light blinks is some kind of code that can be given to the repairman for determining what is wrong with the tv, why don’t you have those codes indicated in your pamphlets so we can troubleshoot the problem before taking the set to a repairman. I mean, if the 6 blinks means you have to buy a new tv, why do I want to pay a repairman his costs incurred AND then still have to buy a new tv?

Let’s see if you have any answer to this one!!!

1. Sony Support USA wrote: April 1, 2013 8:53am

Good morning Vince!

My name is Amanda Maffei here with the Sony Support team. I apologize for the issues that you’re currently experiencing with your TV. Normally if you call in and we can’t resolve the problem over the phone, or if the issue doesn’t sound familiar to us, we will recommend having an authorized Sony servicer evaluate your unit so we can determine how to proceed. Have you had your TV evaluated when this problem started to occur? If not I would recommend having that done. The Sony® eService Web site at http://eservice.sony.com/ can assist you in obtaining service from a Sony Authorized Servicer or you can use the servicers that have already been referred to you. Once the unit has been evaluated, just email the evaluation to me here at SonyListens@am.sony.com and make sure that your Event ID number is on the subject line. If one wasn’t provided to you when you called you can send us any contact information that you may have given to us over the phone (phone number, mailing address etc.). We will use this information to try to locate your file that way. I or one of my colleagues will review it and see what the best course of action is and get back in touch w/you. Thanks!

-Amanda Maffei

35. Add wrote: February 17, 2013 1:40pm

I have a Sony trinitron model no kv-32wf1u i moved it from one room to the other and now I have the red light flashing 19 times can anyone tell me whats wrong with it.

36. Jonathan wrote: February 19, 2013 4:03pm

Thanks for the help. It’s actually the D-Link wireless router i have from the cable company. So if you turn off the TV’s setting to connect wirelessly or you to change the Mode from “mixed” to 802.11g only” that will do it.

37. Allan wrote: February 19, 2013 9:39pm

i had this tv for about 3 years and today i go to turn it on and the sony logo comes on then goes away then comes on agaon then goes off then the red light blinks 6 times pauses and blinks 6 times again it is very disappointing

38. Amanda McCarthy wrote: February 23, 2013 11:20pm

Hi can you help we have a Sony 60inch LCD/LED 3D TV and it just turned off and the standby light keeps flashing twice. I’ve tried turning if off and unplugging it several times and unplugged everything connected to it as well and still had no luck. Please help!

39. sammy wrote: March 6, 2013 6:13am

Hello,
    I have a sony bravia KDF-E50A11E tv and I noticed that the screen corners were turning blue so I decided to check the lamp, I took it out and it looked fine so I placed it back in its place. Now the tv has a constant red flash and wont turn on. HELP PLEASE!!

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 6, 2013 1:47pm

Hi sammy, I have created an Event ID for you. It is (E57096609), however, we do need a bit more information. Please provide your address, phone number and the serial number of your KDFE50A11E.
      Thanks, Scott Fuentes

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 6, 2013 2:00pm

sammy, if you prefer you could email this to SonyListens@am.sony.com
        Thanks, Scott Fuentes

40. Corey wrote: March 13, 2013 9:42am

I have a SONY bravia kdl-46ex710. When I power it on the green light stays on for about 10 sec and then shuts off. Then the red light blinks 5 times over and over. Please help!!

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 15, 2013 12:03pm

Hi Corey, I apologize you are experiencing difficulty with your TV. I see you have already called our phone support and it was determined that your unit requires service. I also see that an alternative to repair has also been provided. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
      Thanks, Scott Fuentes

41. Masau Lucas wrote: March 16, 2013 1:24am

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 16, 2013 9:40am

Good afternoon Masau!

I’m sorry to hear that your TV is currently not functioning properly. When you have a chance, please follow this link to our esupport site: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1015142&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_KNOWLEDGEARTICLES_1_1&dialogID=636888639&stateId=1 0 636892808. It will give you step by step instructions for troubleshooting steps. If you are still having problems after, please let us know. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day!

-Amanda Maffei

42. Masau Lucas wrote: March 16, 2013 1:29am

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 16, 2013 9:47am

Good afternoon Masau!

I noticed that this is your second TV that you’re currently having issues with, and we want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please email us at: Sonylistens@am.sony.com, with your contact information (mailing address, phone number, etc.), full model numbers and serial numbers of your TVs. And please also add a brief description of the problems that they are having. I assure you myself or one of my team members will get back to you with a response within 1 to 2 business days or sooner. Thank you! =)

-Amanda Maffei

43. Rishi wrote: March 18, 2013 6:28pm

hey i got a Sony Bravia LCD TV 32BX330/32BX331.
    I was watching tv then suddenly my tv screen starts blinking up then the tv came off 4 itself, a red led was flashing exactly 6 times in that repeated order. I did everything and nothing helped including watching the sony listen video, factory restore,pulled out all plugs waited 10-15 mins and my problem was not solved. PLEASE help me!!!!!!

From: Rishi

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 20, 2013 10:27am

Hi Rishi, I apologize you are experiencing difficulty with your TV. Sony attempts to provide a perfect product that will last for many years, unfortunately sometimes those products do require repairs. I have created an Event ID for you. However, we do need a bit more information. Please provide your address, phone number and the complete model/serial number of your TV (KDL32BX330 or KDL32BX331). You may send this in an email to SonyListens@am.sony.com
      Thanks, Scott Fuentes

44. ginger long wrote: March 22, 2013 7:55am

hello i have a sony bravia KDL-40xbr4
    and when i turn it on it shuts right off and flashes a red light 6 times.. help!!

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 22, 2013 10:35am

Hello ginger, here is a solution from our eSupport site (http://esupport.sony.com/US) that should help you;

Best Regards, Scott Fuentes

45. Helen wrote: March 25, 2013 8:59am

We have Sony Bravia model KDL46XBR6.
    It is about 3 1/2 years old. We were watching a program last night and the TV screen turned black and shut off. We tried power reset, factory reset using the up arrow and power button as per Sony troubleshooting. Nothing is helping. Trying to power on, screen turns black and then it powers off again. The standby red light start blinking 14 times, pausing, and repeating.
    We called Customer support and were told that if the factory reset did not work, it was some internal part failure and would need repair. Not too much help from them. And Sony rep was very “generous” to offer 15% discount to buy new “State of art TV” crap. Because we are out of warranty, even diagnostic will cost money. I googled the problem and learned that 14 flash error indicates a failure with the panel or panel drive. The fix is to replace the panel, which is very expensive. I am not happy about having to spend either hundreds of dollars to fix my very expensive Sony TV OR thousands of dollars to buy another Sony TV that will likely last about 3 years either. I was the loyal Sony customer for many years, but now I’m very disappointed by the quality of Sony products. My previous Sony TV worked for 15 Years!!! before it broke for the first time.

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 25, 2013 2:55pm

Hello Helen,

I apologize that you are not completely satisfied with the support provided. It is true that we only cover sets for as long as the warranty. Sony does provide a warranty for all products to allow for initial failures to be covered at Sony’s expense. As a general rule, Sony as with most every other set has a warranty that is one year parts and labor. Once that warranty expires, it is the customer’s responsibility to cover repair costs unless there is an extended warranty in place. Many people accept the one year which is included, however many more buy an extended warranty. Sony does stand behind its products which are outside of warranty by marketing repair and/or replacement options. Which I see that we have provided these to you when you called in. Since your unit is now out of warranty and in fairness to all Sony customers; responsibility for the repair cost is yours. Even so, because we appreciate you as a customer and since retaining you as a customer is very important, our team has provided an alternative to the repair but in all fairness we can’t offer you the same thing someone would get after they’ve paid for an extended warranty. If you’ve had this unit diagnosed and the diagnosis is that it requires an LCD replacement, please send that evaluation to me @ SonyListens@am.sony.com for review and I will see if there is anything further that we can do to help.

Thanks, Scott Fuentes

46. michel wrote: March 25, 2013 4:17pm

I had the same problem with my sony tv. It went for a black screen with red light blinking. I paid extra money to have a sony but it seems the brand is not the same anymore.

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 27, 2013 12:38pm

Hello michel, have you visited our eSupport site (http://esupport.sony.com/us) mentioned in the video with your model#? Usually there are troubleshooting tips and if the troubleshooting tips are unsuccessful there would be information for service options to have the unit repaired. If you are unable to locate this information with your model# please do not hesitate to shoot us an email to SonyListens@am.sony.com and let us know the model and your contact information such as address, phone# and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
      Best Regards, Scott Fuentes

47. Symi wrote: March 26, 2013 2:29pm

My Sony Bravia TV won’t switch on. It comes on with the red standby light, when I press power it turns to green and attempts to switch on accompanied by clicking noise. Eventually it gives up and the red flashing light comes on for about 10 flashes, goes on for a few seconds and comes back on. I’ve tried all the fixes suggested but no luck. Please help!

1. Sony Support USA wrote: March 27, 2013 1:27pm

Hello Symi, I would recommend visiting our eSupport site (http://esupport.sony.com/us) mentioned in the video with your model#? Usually there are troubleshooting tips & if the troubleshooting tips prove to be unsuccessful there would be information for service options to have the unit repaired. If you are unable to locate this information with your model# please do not hesitate to shoot us an email to SonyListens@am.sony.com and let us know your model and your contact information such as address, phone# and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
      Best Regards, Scott Fuentes

48. Danny Wohlleber wrote: March 27, 2013 2:35pm

I have a Sony LCD Projection TV model # KDF-50E2000…I have 3 red lights blinking consecutively…what do I do with that?

49. Dharmesh wrote: March 28, 2013 7:19am

I too now am a part of this long list of folks with a red blinking light. We purchased our KDL-46W5100 around 12/05/2009 so its just about 3 months over 3 years. Yesterday, the TV turned on (timer set to turn on at 6:15 AM) and promptly turned off. Turned it on again and all was well. Worked fine for one day (yesterday). TOday morning, the TV turned on and turned off again and when I turned it on again, it turned on and off 2 times and then started blinking a red light for 10 times. Unplugged it and waited for a few mins and same issue, turn it on, it turns on for few seconds, then audio goes out and then the TV reboots for exactly 3 times and then after the 3rd time, no more reboots and a blinking red light which blinks 10 times and then pauses and keeps doing that. I left it alone like that for about 5 minutes and it finally did turn on and ran for about 30 minutes. Turned if off for a shower and left for work. Wife called me a few mins back citing the same problem of rebooting for 3 times and then a blinking red light for 10 times.

What is the error code for the 10 blinking red lights. Google says something wrong with power supply or lose connectors or a bad balancer board (what ever that means). Can I DIY fix this. I can replace capacitors if need be but I want the meaning of 10 red light blinks in a 46W5100 Sony set.

50. Gary Nilsen wrote: April 1, 2013 9:26am

Hi there, today I have started to see the standby light flashing 14 times. Prior to going to the expense of getting a repair man out can you please tell me what the code description is for the 14 flashes of the standby light. The tv is a Sony Bravia approx 3 years old kdl37ex401.

Gary

1. Sony Support USA wrote: April 8, 2013 2:26pm

Hi Gary, KDL37EX401 appears to be a U.K. model. Was this unit purchased here in the U.S. or in the U.K.? We are Sony Electronics Inc. here in the U.S. and as such are not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other countries/regions. We only provide information and support for Sony’s products manufactured for sale and use here in the United States. Sony in each country/region is responsible for the service and support of their own products. If this was not purchased here in the U.S. please contact Sony in the country/region of purchase. You may find their contact information via;

Best Regards, Scott Fuentes