Your Life in 3D Winner and the X Games

by Team Sony 07/27/2011

You may recall a couple of months ago we told you about the Your Life in Sony 3D contest.  The contest solicited life moments from our Facebook community that they wanted us to shoot in 3D. The response was tremendous and the voting was fierce. The ultimate winner came down to the decision of our 2 judges –Scott Stewart and Buzz Hays—both 3D professionals.  They chose the following entry as the winner:

Skating is my daughter’s passion. Sierra was born at 1 lb 6 oz has had a lot of medical issues and kids making fun of her because she walked a little different. Sierra is disabled with a slight case of Cerebral Palsy. She never gives up. IF YOU HAVE HEART & PASSION FOR SOMETHING NEVER GIVE UP.  She does very well in school. She wants to be the first pro skater with a disability. :)

Upon finding out that she would be the subject of the Your Life in Sony 3D video shoot, Sierra commented “I’m just so happy to be able to tell my story. I don’t want people to feel sorry for me. I want them to know that you can do anything if you set your mind to it. My mom tells me all the time ‘Sierra there will be a lot of negative in your life, turn the negative into a positive.’”

What better place to shoot our 3D video of an aspiring skater than at ESPN’s X Games this weekend in Los Angeles?  The X Games will bring together athletes competing in several action sports including skateboarding. Sierra will have a chance to meet the skaters and learn some new tricks from our very own Sony representative and pro skater Andy Macdonald who will be there competing against top skateboarders.

To get you guys pumped for the Your Life in Sony 3D video shoot on Friday, as well as the upcoming X Games we’re going to give away five autographed skate decks signed by Andy Macdonald. All you have to do is tell us who you are most excited to watch at the X Games in the comments section below and we’ll pick 5 random people to win. Be sure that when you post your comment, you enter your real email address in the email field below (not in the comment area). Without a valid email address in that field, we won’t be able to reach you to let you know you won.

***UPDATE*** The contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted an answer.

Photo courtesy Ray Hartjen

1. Sierra Mudra wrote: July 27, 2011 3:06pm

Come on check it out. Get a Chance to win a skateboard signed by Andy MacDonald. See you soon.

2. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 3:18pm

Leticia Bufoni

3. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 3:23pm

congratulations on winning sierra :D i always knew that an awesome friend like you will always go far in life. good luck also to everyone entering the skateboard contest. x3

4. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 3:58pm

Lets have some fun, this is about you Sierra I’m proud of you. Love mom

5. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 5:40pm

Aside from everyone and anyone in the MotoX best whip contest, I’m excited to AndyMac compete again – 21 X-Games medals and counting!

6. Randy Crookshank wrote: July 27, 2011 5:49pm

Watching the X Games reminds me of my days skateboarding around Maryland! Viewing it in 3D is gonna be amazing!

7. Toyia Greene wrote: July 27, 2011 9:02pm

I’m excited to watch Curren Caples compete. I watched him last year in his first XGames and he was awesome!

8. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 9:36pm

love the X Games and can’t wait to see the skateboarding events and Andy Mac!

9. Anonymous wrote: July 27, 2011 9:42pm

I’m excited to see travis pastrana because he is so versitile, he has motocross, rallycross and he is going into nascar. He does excellent every year in motocross always taking it to new levels, he is a great rally-cross driver, he is part of the reason I bought dirt 3 and him being in nascar might actually persuade me to watch it. He also has nitro circus show which i always which

10. Paul Truex wrote: July 27, 2011 11:04pm

Seeing this heart wrenching story of triumph will certainly be top of the list. But a close second will be watching Tanner Foust and his 0-60 in 2 second, 500 horsepower, Foust and Furious machine in the Rally. If he wins Sony must promise to incorporate Tanner on PSP Ultimate Grand Turismo 3D and in an X-games BluRay 3D DVD highlight disk. That way I’ll be able to watch replays of Sierra AND Tanner on the best 3D TV on the planet!!! My spanking new HX729 (when it ships!).

Go get’em Sierra!!! You’re already an inspiration and it is certainly in your DNA!

Paul

1. Anonymous wrote: July 30, 2011 6:13pm

2. Anonymous wrote: September 4, 2011 10:00am

11. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 2:48am

AndyMac, no question. Maybe Pastrana would have been first, but I grew up on watching Andy skate, so I’ll go with him.

12. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 3:14am

Sweet could use somevwoof

13. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 3:24am

That would be Pedro Barros!

14. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 4:18am

Most excited to see the X-Games Park contest and Andy Macdonald pull one of those Back Flip thingys out of the bowl. Go Andy!

15. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 1:31pm

I’m stoked to watch Andy Mac. His park skills are on point!

16. Anonymous wrote: July 28, 2011 10:01pm

My son has red hair so I have to go with the “other red-headed guy”; the Red Tomato”, Mr. Shaun White!!

17. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 9:33am

Sony build best stuff.

18. Anne Mostella wrote: July 29, 2011 9:33am

Cant wait to see Mitchie Brusco…at 14 yrs old, he is awesome!

19. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 9:41am

I’m most excited to see Matheus Adhi Wibowo.

20. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 9:50am

Ryan Sheckler is the athlete I am most excited to watch.

21. Gary M. Balaban Jr. wrote: July 29, 2011 9:52am

Excited to see Sony’s own Andy Macdonald.

22. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 10:39am

Too hyped to see Ryan Sheckler at the X Games :O :DD lol

1. Anonymous wrote: July 30, 2011 7:12am

During the shoot, Andy introduced Sierra to Ryan, who was great. Not only is he a super chill guy, he was swapping out his board right before Street eliminations and gave his board to Sierra. Then, later in the day, as he was leaving, he saw her outside the venue, with no cameras around, recognized her and gave her a big sweaty hug. How cool is that? Cheer for Ryan in Street today!

23. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 11:00am

I am certainly excited to see Sierra’s Your Life in Sony 3D video shoot at the X Games in Los Angeles

24. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 11:54am

I most excited to see too many pro’s but one that sticks out would have to be Torey pudwill street skate

25. Sukhjit wrote: July 29, 2011 1:05pm

Thank you to everyone who entered to win the autographed boards! Winners have been selected and we are contacting them now!

26. Anonymous wrote: July 29, 2011 1:39pm

When is the next contest?

27. Anonymous wrote: August 2, 2011 9:02pm

These are all great photos, I bought the Sony Vaio 3D Laptop and maxed it out with all the options available, However the Black glossy finish casing was beautiful to look at….The problem was the casing was a fingerprint magnet and it also scratched very easily. I did not want to spend 2K on a 3D laptop to have it all screeched up in less than 6 months. Sony makes great products but stay away from this Laptop until they change the colors and/or casing. Reps. at Sony Style stated that there were many request for them to change the color. So lets hope sony listens to there customers and makes a change to this Laptop. I will be willing to buy again!!

David N.