Announced today, the new VAIO® C Series from Sony

by Team Sony 02/22/2011

The eye catching VAIO Concept PCs (pictured above) previewed at the the Consumer Electronics Show in January this year were officially announced today.

The VAIO C is an exclusive line of computers featuring a second generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor, Blu-ray Disc™ drive (select models), and AMD Radeon™ 1GB Hybrid Graphics card (select models). Fans at CES got a sneak peak of the duo with a unique design that radiates light around the edges, touchpad and the VAIO logo.

If you like to make a statement with your PC, then the Neon Orange, Neon Green, Lightning White and Bolt Black colors are sure to get some notice. It will come in two screen sizes, the CA10 features a 14-inch LED backlit LCD widescreen display and the CB10 features a 15.5-inch LED backlit LCD widescreen display for improved power efficiency and greater contrast, with the option of a Full HD 1080p screen.

Plus, select models come pre-installed with the Sony Imagination Studio™ Suite 2 VAIO Edition, which combines five powerful Sony applications so you can enhance and share your music, photos, and movies like never before. Turn your video shoots into Hollywood-style movies with Vegas™ Movie Studio HD Platinum. Make your own original music or create remixes and mash-ups of your favorite songs using Acid™ Music Studio.  This software plus Adobe Acrobat Standard is included at a $558 value. Look for the VAIO this spring for $800 at select retailers and Sony Style.

Check out some of the early buzz from Digital Trends, Laptop Magazine and PC World and let us know what you think of the new models and colors. You can also take a closer look at photos of the new VAIO C on a special photo album on the Sony Electronics Facebook page.

1. Anonymous wrote: February 22, 2011 2:03pm

wow linda estan yo quiero una la lapton enaranjada jijijiji no pues felisidades por los nuevos dicenos

2. Anonymous wrote: February 22, 2011 2:11pm

Awesome! Are you giving any away? I could use one that would be fully packed, to DJ with.

3. Jef Brunecz wrote: February 22, 2011 2:18pm

They look SICK. Sony has always been a leader in Electronics. Im glad to see they are stepping up their game in the PC world.

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:48pm

Awesome to see your comment, Jef! Thanks for stopping by and for the support!

4. Anonymous wrote: February 22, 2011 2:20pm

“hey” The orange laptop LOOKS awesome!!!! i’m 16 year’s old.
    I LIKE THE NEW FRESH LOOK!! THE KEYBOARD LOOKS SO COOL TO !!
    WOW
    I WISH I CAN TRY IT!!! =)
    IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN TRY IT VAIO Series from Sony !!!!!
    Cody Calderon
    Thank you!!!!!

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:48pm

Hey Cody!
      Thanks for the comment! Do you live near a Sony Style store? I can’t send you a VAIO, but you can go check one out in real life once they’re in stores. :)

5. Anonymous wrote: February 22, 2011 4:37pm

this is great. I love Vaio laptops. I want to get it.

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:45pm

Thanks for the comment! Do you have a VAIO now?

6. Mridul Sharma wrote: February 22, 2011 9:47pm

hi just got a vaio f series laptop couple of days bk…this one looks great..is there any way i can try out this one..?

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:45pm

Hi Mridul, Do you have a Sony Style store near you? You can try one when they’re in store there. Also, these models will be available in select retailers around the US.

7. Anonymous wrote: February 22, 2011 10:10pm

Numbers are looking great! Love the style. Would really like to get my hands on one. Probably can’t afford it unfortunately=/ *Saving for a wedding!!!*

1. Anonymous wrote: February 23, 2011 1:16am

bro u should save money for wedding and merry a rich girl so shell buy for ya lolxx

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:43pm

2. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:44pm

These models start at $800. I’m just saying :)

Congrats on your engagement, BTW!

8. Anonymous wrote: February 23, 2011 12:47am

LOVE the colors!~ Awesome style.

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:43pm

Thanks for the comment! Glad you’re digging the colors!

9. Mimi Sarah wrote: February 23, 2011 3:38am

sa coute combien?

10. Anonymous wrote: February 23, 2011 5:49am

like to buy.

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:42pm

Awesome! What do you like most about this? Is it the color? By the way, thanks for the comment!

11. Anonymous wrote: February 23, 2011 6:29am

when ll u launch sony c series in india …….am wait for that

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 4:41pm

Hi there! Thanks for the comment. Not sure about launch in India, but I’ll see if I can get that info from the VAIO team.

12. Bernadette Lomboy Alcantara wrote: February 23, 2011 5:52pm

This is a must have gadget!!!! Love to see this for real.. Vaio really stands for elegance!!

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 28, 2011 10:22am

Love your enthusiasm, Bernadette! Thanks you for the comment.

13. Simon Smith wrote: February 24, 2011 10:35am

unfortunately they look cheap and nasty :o(
    would have been really popular in the 1980′s but not in times of poor economy and austerity
    spec unclear but solid state drive to improve battery life would be better then could justify the high price
    don’t give up on innovation as keyboard looks interesting but needs a good positive feel for users
    sorry guys/girls

14. Anonymous wrote: February 25, 2011 11:14pm

What happen to the Z series? Is this replaceing it? The Z series was the BEST laptop Sony had. I hope it is just going to get a refresh and come out with a better processor, graphics, and thunderbolt ports.

15. Anonymous wrote: February 28, 2011 9:03am

hello,i have a sony vaio,with windows vista,whic Turns On But There’s No Image Visible

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 28, 2011 10:26am

Have you contacted esupport yet? I would recommend visiting esupport.sony.com to find some service support and help.

16. Anonymous wrote: February 28, 2011 9:05am

its a model PCG-7173L

17. Selva Ganesh wrote: February 28, 2011 10:52am

I really loved the ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 in the EB series laptops.. it was awesome.. i am just hoping there will be a better GPU option for CB series.. I am just waiting for this one to get out…

18. Anonymous wrote: March 1, 2011 7:08am

how is C-series different from E-series?

1. Sukhjit wrote: March 2, 2011 12:05pm

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. The basic difference is design! Also the C Series is only for our signature line. You can see and compare all the VAIO model’s http://tinyurl.com/28mdf97.

19. Anonymous wrote: March 1, 2011 7:09am

how is c series different from e series

20. Anonymous wrote: March 1, 2011 1:41pm

hi sony, i was wondering what the current vaio lineup is. specifically, is the x series continuing to be developed? or has it been canceled? thanks, jd

1. Sukhjit wrote: March 2, 2011 12:03pm

Hey there, thanks for the note. Here’s a link that has our current line up of VAIO http://tinyurl.com/28mdf97. Also, if you’re in the market to buy, SGNL by Sony did a great video buyer’s guide. It’s a good way to learn about the different models http://ow.ly/46AqW. Hope this helps!

21. Anonymous wrote: March 13, 2011 3:55pm

youtube video keep cutting off on my sony google player

22. Anonymous wrote: March 19, 2011 5:34pm

The specs are great on this and I love Sony laptops but, I’m sorry the colors are garish, faddish. I can see the sixteen year old market for those colors but, some more stylish, understated actual colors other than black and white would have been appreciated. I may get this due to the specs being what I want, the size, weight etc…but, boy oh boy I do NOT like those colors at all. I hate to say it but, Sony this is tacky! I felt the same way about some of the e series.

Metal cases in differing again understated colors…even green and orange can be done in brushed metal and not look so “Toys r Us”

1. Sukhjit wrote: March 21, 2011 12:26pm

Thanks for the comment and I appreciate your point of view on this. Most of the feedback to the colors was very positive when we shared the new series online. If you’re open to another model, there are a lot of choices. You might want to sneak over to SonyStyle.com, some of the signature lines are gorgeous and I think they might be up your alley.

1. Anonymous wrote: April 4, 2011 7:42pm

The signature colors such as the bordeaux that I LOVED and was available on the z series are NOT available in Canada and most of the other signature series colors were not either. I hope in future that will change as choices here are much more limited.

23. Anonymous wrote: April 16, 2011 12:47pm

Another one

24. Anonymous wrote: April 29, 2011 12:26am

I just bought the pink C series laptop yesterday :) I am loving the pastel neon pink :) my daughter would love the orange. I do love the brightness of the orange and green but couldn’t stand having it in front of me all day I think the colours would give me a headache.
    so far I am loving it…it was the colour that sold me between the Sony and the Asus :)

1. Sukhjit wrote: April 29, 2011 1:03pm

Great comment! Thanks so much for stopping by. Would be great to see your new C too! If you have a chance send us a photo! :)

Have a great weekend!

25. Will I Am wrote: May 9, 2011 7:23am

I had view some forum to know more about this series and I found out that somebody are complaining about what so called “SB chipset problem” in this machine. Mind to share anything about this?I’m living in Malaysia.

26. Anonymous wrote: May 19, 2011 1:21pm

This seems like just an updated E series. Aside from the discrete graphics card and lack of number pad, there’s nothing here that can’t be custom ordered on an E series from SonyStyle. Is Sony going to continue the E series?