New Sony Internet Video Show Debuts

by Gina 11/09/2010

So you may have read that Sony recently launched a new internet show. The rumors are true. I now officially introduce to you SGNL by Sony (pronounced “Signal by Sony”). SGNL is going to show viewers all the Sony haps and not just electronics. We’ll dive into music, movies, games and gadgets. For example you may see a certain Jim Lee (comic book legend) in our next episode.

No matter what the topic, the purpose isn’t to be all Sony sunshine and butterflies. Yes it will be a show about Sony products but we will talk about both the pluses of our products and some of the downsides as well as answering customer concerns during the show. You’ll also see us chatting about how our gadgets stack up to some other options out there. If you’re in the market for something, the hope is that this show can take care of some of your homework.

So what kind of stuff will you see? Everything. From interviews with experts, behind the scenes looks, unboxing videos, news and even taking gadgets out for a test spin. It’s a bi-weekly show and it’s hosted by two folks: Melody Akhtari and Anthony Carboni. In fact you may have seen Anthony on a few other shows like Bytejacker and AppJudgement.

Our first episode just launched and it gives you an inside look at our Alpha NEX-5 camera with a pro photographer. He actually is a Cannon DSLR user but had a great time with our NEX-5. You’ll also see an unboxing of our new gaming PC headset and how Sony’s Netbox SMP-100 stacks up against Apple TV. I think you’ll be surprised at what you’ll see. And lastly you get to learn a little bit about some orbed men taking over Norway on Facebook. Don’t know what I’m talking about? You’re going to have to watch to find out.

And if these topics don’t yet pique your interestmaybe some opportunities to snag some free gadgets and special offers will. Yep – to learn more about that you’ll have to watch the show.

At the end of the day, we are doing shows like this for YOU so we are open to your feedback. Tell us what you think, what we can do better and what you’d like to see featured on the show. Who knows, maybe we’ll read your feedback on the show!

You can find us www.sony.com/sgnl and look for us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and more great places coming soon!

1. Anonymous wrote: November 11, 2010 9:43am

Very cool show, love it!

1. Gina wrote: January 8, 2011 8:53pm

thanks for the support :-)

2. Anonymous wrote: November 11, 2010 1:49pm

All joking aside, I have made a good number of positive and negative comments about this blog…and I think those days of saying negative things are over. This SGNL by sony idea is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for this blog to have.

Honest commentary about Sony products. “Yes, the AppleTv is 30 dollars cheaper, but here is what you get for that extra 30 dollars..” I was paraphrasing, but you get the point. This how all reviews of Sony products should be broadcast to the world. Acknowledging the competition and demonstrating why your product is better.

Well done and I cant wait until the next episode.

-DjD808

1. Gina wrote: November 15, 2010 10:57am

thanks DJD808 – appreciate the feedback! Also my apologies in delay in moderation – I was out :-)

3. Benjamin Romer wrote: November 12, 2010 6:09am

SGNL needs an RSS feed so I can subscribe to it in Miro – and so other people can subscribe too, in their favorite podcast or RSS reader. :)

1. Gina wrote: November 15, 2010 10:58am

Hey Benjamin – I think this url should work for a feed. Let me know :-) Thanks and glad you like!

4. DjD808 wrote: November 12, 2010 10:52am

I have no idea what happened to the comments I posted yesterday…regardless i will sum it up bullet point style:

- I’m very happy with the SGNLxSONY idea
    - Being honest about the higher cost and showing why is a smart move.
    - Can’t wait until the next episode.
    -Enjoy
    -DjD808

5. SunnyGault wrote: November 17, 2010 1:33pm

Love the concept for this internet series. It sounds like there will be a good blend of showing Sony products and discussing other relevant topics. It’s also great to see that Revision3 is involved. It definitely adds credibility to the project. I’m assuming the show is produced out of their studios in San Francisco? Nice work.

1. Gina wrote: November 22, 2010 3:29pm

Thanks Sunny! Glad you like it and yes :-) Our studio is in SF. Appreciate the support and thanks again!