Sony brings you more connections to content via Hulu Plus

by Team Sony 11/12/2010

If you’re one of the growing number of television watchers catching their favorite shows, new and old, online get ready for some good news about your viewing options. Hulu Plus, one of the deepest online libraries of current and classic TV shows, will be available to Sony Dash owners starting today with the latest over the air software update. Hulu Plus is a subscription service that allows connected devices to access everything from the latest episodes of Glee, Modern Family and The Office to tons of golden oldies.

The Sony Dash personal internet viewer is the latest Sony device to include on option to subscribe to Hulu streaming content.  US Owners of 2010 BRAVIA HDTVs saw it show up in the menus of their televisions last week as did Playstation 3 fans taking the experience usually reserved for laptop and PC consumption into a more relaxing viewing mode, the living room.

Hulu Plus is a paid service and costs $9.99 per month.  If you’d like to get more info on today’s Dash update you can find it on the Facebook.com/sonydash or the Sony news and information site.  For those of you looking to buy one of these connected devices, follow this link for a promotion that provides $20 towards a trial of Hulu Plus on selected BRAVIA Internet-enabled products.

If you’ve taken the plunge and are streaming via Hulu Plus on your BRAVIA or Dash, we want to hear from you. Drop us a comment and let us know what you’re watching.

1. Anonymous wrote: November 12, 2010 8:06pm

I like that this article glazes over the fact that to enjoy Hulu Plus on the PS3 one must also subscribe to the playstation network. While I admit that I own neither a Bravia Internet enabled TV or a Dash and am ignorant if an additional Sony subscription is required to watch Hulu Plus on thre aforementioned devices, this article strongly implies that only the Hulu subscribtion is required. It seems unfair that as a PS3 user I am strong-armed into paying (esentially) $20 a month to play my Hulu Plus content via my PS3 when other Sony devices semmingly don’t have this double charge and Netflix doesn’t have this additional Sony fee requirement. Why the double standard and double charge?

1. Sukhjit wrote: November 15, 2010 2:41pm

Hello Anonymous, Thanks for taking the time to comment. This particular article is more focused on the Sony BRAVIA and Sony Dash Hulu plus additions. There is not an additional subscription or cost alongside the Hulu Plus subscription cost. For info on the Playstation integration and any costs associated I found this article for you: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/04/hulu-plus-soon-available-to-all-ps3-users/

2. Anonymous wrote: November 17, 2010 8:10am

Hey, I’d love to check this out, but Sony Authorized Repair service broke my Bravia! Now I’m probably going to be without my new big screen TV for Thanksgiving. Sony customer service was no help in getting this expedited; they said the part (which was working fine until the repair person opened up the TV) already shipped, but they can’t track it! A month and a half after my initial service request, I wish they would have at least used expedited shipping.

3. Anonymous wrote: November 18, 2010 7:38am

I have had a Sony Bravia TV that I bought last December. I have seen the “coming fall 2010″ Hulu Plus button since September. I tried updating last night and still no new Sony update to get it to work. I have been subscribing to hulu plus since then but may cancel my subscription if Sony and Hulu don’t figure it out. I have read many complaints about this on the Hulu forums as well!

4. Anonymous wrote: November 19, 2010 1:04pm

Great to hear this, however, it doesn’t do me much good as I recently purchased a Sony Google TV Blu Ray player. If I can’t get television on this thing soon, it is going back and I will not recommend to product to anyone. I was excited when I bought it, but the inability to watch tv via the internet has left me feeling rather helpless and frustrated. Please do something soon or you will lose your customer base.

5. Garrett 77 wrote: November 20, 2010 5:46am

I ordered Hulu Plus while waiting for this to be added so I guess I miss out on the 11 week free trial :( Really excited to use the service but right now it is unbearable; I can get through the first segment but after the first commercial the buffering gets OUT OF CONTROL! Hopefully we get a fix :)

1. Sukhjit wrote: December 1, 2010 2:37pm

Hey Gerrett, Wondering if you have any more feedback…

6. Anonymous wrote: November 23, 2010 2:46pm

I too have a Sony Bravia with Internet…so far the only item I see for Hulu Plus is a notice that it’s coming Fall 2010. So far no update. I was hoping that this happens so I can have Hulu on my TV.

1. Sukhjit wrote: November 26, 2010 11:42am

Hello. Just wanted to see if you were able to connect to Hulu Plus yet? The option has been rolling out on to many connected devices. Keep us posted. We’d like to hear how you’re enjoying the service on your Sony!

1. Anonymous wrote: November 29, 2010 9:57am

Hi,

I have a KDL-52XBR9 with software update aa0167pn. I too get the “Coming Fall 2010″ when trying to connect to Hulu Plus. Any updates for this model available?

1. Sukhjit wrote: December 1, 2010 2:39pm

Hello Anonymous, I checked with the team and they don’t have a date yet. I’ll keep checking with them.

7. Jignesh wrote: November 29, 2010 7:29pm

Any update on final roll-out date for XBR 9 bravias?

8. Anonymous wrote: December 1, 2010 8:08am

I’m looking forward to using Hulu Plus on my 2009 Bravia.

1. Sukhjit wrote: December 1, 2010 2:34pm

Hey there! Does your tv have the Hulu Plus widget? Hope you’ll let us know what you think when you try it out!

9. Anonymous wrote: December 19, 2010 5:09pm

Will HULU or HULU Plus work with my new Sony Internet TV? Installed the update yesterday and wonder if I can add the HULU app.

10. Anonymous wrote: April 5, 2011 5:00pm

that is good memorandum

11. tomstoy8 wrote: January 1, 2012 4:03pm

trying to register on sony.tv/hulu my blu-ray dvd player and
    enter the registration code that was given, but i cant find the website. instead it takes me to sony.tv/huluplus. that site does not prompt me to register the code. i did register into the site but it appears to be a blog page. i want to gain access to hulu on my tv via the player. please advice

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 6, 2012 1:46pm

Tom have you been over to esupport.sony.com yet?

12. Anonymous wrote: October 7, 2012 6:19pm

how can i connect my sony blue ray to hulu plus

1. Kathleen wrote: October 8, 2012 11:13am

Hi there! I’ll send your inquiry along to the support team and they will reach out to you directly. Thanks for for commenting.

13. Anonymous wrote: October 9, 2012 9:56pm

I purchased a 3D Blu Ray Model # BDP- BX59 from Costco and on the box it says “3 month free trial of Hulu plus. But when I put in the http://www.sony.com/huluplus to try to access the offer, nothing comes up. Any help ?

1. Kathleen wrote: October 10, 2012 11:49am

Thanks for reaching out. I’ll send the support team your info and they will reach out shortly.

14. Anonymous wrote: December 1, 2012 9:28pm

i have the same dvd player from costco wondering how i get the 3 free months of hulu

1. Kathleen wrote: December 3, 2012 12:48pm

Hi there, check out this page to see if your product is eligible and for redemption instructions: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_Sony_Exclusive_Offers Thanks for reaching out!

15. Anonymous wrote: December 2, 2012 6:52pm

i put the code from the bluray player and everything but hulu plus was there why

1. Kathleen wrote: December 3, 2012 10:36am

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. I’ve sent your info along to our support team, they should be contacting you shortly.

16. Dhanaraj Chandramohan wrote: June 13, 2013 9:10pm

I have bought this year BDP-BX59 DVD player from Costco, which has free three months hulu plus subscription. But this subscription is not working. I need help.