Now Hear This: Sony Adds a Fresh Voice

by admin 09/16/2009

I’ve always thought that when it comes to most discussions, the more voices, the more opinions, the better.

Well, we’re about to practice what we preach. The voice of Sony is evolving with the newest addition to our social networking team.

Sukhjit Ghag , a well-known blogger, will be creating content for the Sony Electronics Community as well as engaging with all of you and other Sony fans on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and many other social networking sites.

We’ll be looking to her to enhance Sony’s voice with the use of more digital video and photography. After all, Sony’s products tend to be quite visual and design-centric.

So moving forward, we’re going to try and do more showing, instead of primarily telling. It’s the combination of the two, at least in my mind, that makes social media compelling.

And few know the social media space as well as Sukhjit. Her love of all things social media stems from her work as a producer for Tech TV and Seesmic, where she was known for developing a first of its kind interactive show called “Unboxing” which utilized video as an engagement tool.

Her early background is as a radio, television and video producer for Fine Living Network, Travel Channel and San Francisco’s KGO radio. Sukhjit has just moved to San Diego where Sony Electronics Inc. is headquartered in the U.S. after spending the last 16 years in San Francisco.

If you’ve followed Sukhjit or just want to introduce yourself please feel free to comment on this blog post. She’d love to hear what you want her to blog and vlog about so now’s your chance.

1. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 1:26am

Great choice by Sony and a great job for Sukhjit!!
    Can’t wait to see what she brings to the company.

2. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 2:07am

She knows her stuff. You’re lucky to have brought her on.

3. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 2:23am

So happy to see Sukhjit at this innovative job so suited to her many talents!! She has worked with us as a video producer and cooking show host (I hope she still might on occasion if she has any spare time!) and she is also a very dear friend and has had a lot to do with our success so far. San Francisco just won’t be the same without her, but Sony sounds like just the perfect fit. I’ll miss popping down the block for dinner at her house and working on our shows. Best of luck Sukhjit. You know we all love you in San Francisco, so please come and visit lots- even if it’s on business (did you hear that, Sony?) :-)
    Mary Ann

4. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 2:35am

Work with Sony. You’e Lucky Sukhjit. Congratz for the best vblogger i know ;-)
    If you have a Sony Vaio P left , you could send to me (rofl)

5. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 6:22am

Dave Midgal & Sony,
    You made a smart choice. Sukhjit will engage and grow your community with smart, informative, genuine and pointed content. She’s a real person and that’s who you want representing you.

Sukhjit,
    Wahooooooo!

6. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 11:50am

It’s easy to say what a great choice Sony has made by hiring Sukhjit. What Sony may not realize is what a spectacular choice they have made. There is no one quite like her. Sukhjit is an authentic and trusted voice and the community she brings to Sony are some of the true pioneers online today. Congratulations Sukhjit and Sony.

7. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 12:07pm

Just echoing what others are saying. Sukhjit’s vivacious energy is what attracted me to her vlog, and it’s this energy coupled with her skills in social media tech that I look forward to seeing breathe a different kind of life into Sony’s already exciting products. All the best!

8. guest_user wrote: September 17, 2009 10:31pm

What a perfect blend of brilliance! I can’t want to see what happens next!

Sukhjit + Sony = blogging brilliance

9. guest_user wrote: September 18, 2009 12:03am

Woo hoo! Sony, you made the right choice – this chick is going to kick some ass! Glad to see that Sony is acknowledging video blogging as the communication ‘a la mode’.
    Go Sukhjit! How do you pronounce that name? (j/k!)

10. guest_user wrote: September 22, 2009 10:18am

I have loved Sony as a brand for a long time. I am in love with my Sony Projector and my PS3 together .. I’m taking over the world! After reading this post I think I can ad something else to my love for Sony.. they fact that someone at a huge corporation gets “it”. Sukhjit is everything they could have ever wanted in a community builder… she cares and bottom line.. that’s all people/consumers want. They want to know that a company cares. Today Sony has proven to me that they care….

Owen

11. guest_user wrote: September 24, 2009 9:40am

It is great that Sony are reaching out to its clients in this way.
    Sukhjit will be a great addition to the team and will bring, ‘real-world’ experiences to products and services that manufacturers need – especially to adapt to a world where online and traditional media is converging.
    We will be publicising this at http://www.bizbuzzzz.com and my business blog: http://www.drsavi.com

No commercials intended, honest – just sharing in the joy of a company like Sony really seeking client reach.