***Update: You can find the System Software Update for the QX10 here and for the QX100 here ***
This week Sony announced plans for software and firmware updates aimed at improving the overall usability, speed and functionality of the Cyber-shot QX100 and QX10 “Lens-Style” Cameras.
PlayMemories Mobile™ app V.4.0 is now available in both the Google Play™ and App Store. This mobile app will work with all Sony Wi-Fi enabled cameras in addition to the Cyber-shot QX series. The updated app features:
- Embedded Photo Browser – A “Quick Viewer” photo browser has been added to the PlayMemories Mobile application, which will allow for seamless navigation between shooting images and viewing images in playback mode.
- “Thumbnail View” is available for all images taken w/ the app
- Single image view by tapping on thumbnail
Thumbnail View” is available for all images taken w/ the app:
Single image view by tapping on thumbnail
- Improved Speed and Functionality – The newest version of the application will have improved connectivity speed when linking to devices running the Apple iOS™ platform. More specifically, connection start up time will be approximately twice as fast compared to previous versions of the PlayMemories Mobile application. Come spring of ’14, there will be a seconds software update to improve connectivity speed with Android devices.
Additionally, there will be a firmware update for QX cameras in January which will add a variety of exciting capabilities including:
- Full HD Movie Recording (QX100 and QX10): Both of the Cyber-shot QX Series cameras will have the ability to shoot Full HD 1080p video (1920×1080@30p in MP4) after the firmware update.
- Shutter Priority (“S”) Mode (QX100 only): The Shutter Priority (“S”) mode will be added to the QX100 camera to allow direct access control to shutter speed.