This week, we are in cahoots with two-time Olympian Gabby Douglas. She’ll be tumbling and flipping around the streets of New York to spread the word about our new VAIO | Flip PC.
(If you’re in the NYC area, check out this link for all the details.)
The PC instantly goes from laptop, to tablet, to viewer mode with a simple flip so you can watch movies, share your screen, or use it like a tablet with a stand.
If you’re not in the New York city area to see Gabby, no worries! We want you to get in on the fun too. To enter for a chance to score a VAIO | Flip PC of your own, take to Twitter® or the Sony blog!
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win:
Not on Twitter®? No problem. Submit your response in the comments section of this blog post at Blog.Sony.Com. Make sure you provide your correct email address so we can contact you if you win.
Only G-rated entries will be accepted. Any inappropriate responses will be disqualified. Plus, we don’t want anyone getting banned from Twitter.
One entry is allowed per person and only U.S. residents are eligible. One winner will be selected at random.
The sweepstakes starts at 9 a.m. ET, Nov 4 and ends 5 p.m. ET, Nov 18
The winner will be contacted via Direct Message on Twitter or through the email address provided to the Sony Blog (make sure it’s accurate!). Check the official rules below. Good luck!
SONY’S VAIO FLIP SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES), 18 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. THE SWEEPSTAKES; PROMOTION PERIOD: Sony’s Vaio Flip Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sponsor”) and consists of one First Prize. The Sweepstakes is from November 4, 2013 from 9:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) through November 18, 2013 to 5:00 pm ET (the “Promotion Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Promotion Period, entrant must answer the question “Tell us what you would do with a VAIO Flip” via either: (i) post to www.Blog.sony.com (“Sony Blog”) under the post “Sony VAIO Flip Sweepstakes”; OR (ii) tweet on Twitter to @SonyElectronics using the hashtag #VAIOFLIP; OR (iii) post to Facebook.com/Sony as a comment on the post titled “VAIO Flip Sweeps”. One entry per person during the Promotion Period regardless of means of entry.
The entry/post/comment/tweet (i) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (ii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (iii) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iv) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (v) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to Sony; (vi) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Sweepstakes website, associated third party websites and/or the proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (vii) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); and (viii) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Sweepstakes.
3. WINNERS: On or about November 19, 2013, one (1) random drawing of all eligible entries will be conducted by Sponsor. Winning entry will be drawn and the winner will be contacted by telephone. Winner must respond to Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours from the initial notification in order to be eligible to receive the prize. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE: There will be one (1) winner. The First Prize Winner will receive one (1) VAIO Fit 13A Flip PC (model number SVF13N17PXB) (ARV $1,599.99). The prize in this Sweepstakes is nontransferable, nonredeemable for cash, and non-substitutable, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute the prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. A potential winners will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected. If the Prize is won by a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required aforementioned documents.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to participants who enter pursuant to Rule 2 and who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and any and all other companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
6. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant releases Sponsor, and its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, managers, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to any and all aspects of this Sweepstakes, including those arising out of any prize related activity, whether provided by Sponsor or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of a prize or any component of a prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKESIS IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, undelivered, or misdelivered.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attn: Sony’s Vaio Flip Sweepstakes, Sony Guest Experience at 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sony’s Vaio Flip Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2013 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.
Sony Help or Support For questions or comments related to support, please click here.