Sony vs. Samsung Sound Bar Showdown

by Ray Hartjen 11/07/2012

TVs are getting thinner every year, and as an unintended consequence unfortunately, so is the sound. Now more than ever, it’s important to make sure you have the right premium audio equipment to deliver the best home entertainment experience possible. A quality sound bar for example can help elevate your game viewing, movie watching, music listening – whatever you do in the living room – to the next level. The right sound bar can help add to your own personal home theater, but it’s not always easy to find the right one. With a plethora of features to choose from and to consider, it’s crucial to know what’s on the market and how each product compares.

Inputs, outputs, wireless capabilities – all things considered, some sound algorithms simply produce superior sound. Yes my friends, I said it, superior sound.

Sony recently conducted a blind sound quality comparison between the challenger, Sony’s HT-CT260 sound bar, and the top-selling, defending market champion in the under $300 class, Samsung’s HW-E450 sound bar. In an upset, the people spoke loud and clear and selected the Sony HT-CT260 sound bar as offering the better sound. The majority of people who preferred the Sony sound bar agreed that it offered a superior audio experience for movie and music content. Don’t just take my word for it – I’ve got some real life quotes for you:

“I like the crystal clear sound.”

“It sounds and looks great, and I really want one.”

“I feel like I can sit back at home, watch a movie or listen to music and just submerse myself.”

Overall top reasons for the preference of Sony’s CT260 include:

• Better sound clarity
  • Better general sound
  • Preferred bass experience
  • Louder intense sound
  • Theater quality sound

Now that’s a beautiful thing, music to my ears, if you will. If you want to learn more about the CT260 sound bar, make sure to check out the full details here and follow the #Sonyaudio conversation online.

*Comparison was performed by a 3rd party research company comparing the Sony Sound Bar HT-CT260 vs. Samsung HW-E450

1. Anonymous wrote: November 7, 2012 1:10pm

This is no surprise as Sony pretty much beats Samsung in every product catagory in my book!

1. Kathleen wrote: November 7, 2012 4:36pm

Wow, thanks for the support! As always, appreciate your readership/feedback.

2. han wrote: January 5, 2013 5:58pm

Really? because I would trade in my xperia for a galaxy any day. I bought it trusting the brand name sony. I’ve had it for a year and it’s a complete piece of junk. I don’t know about tv or anything else, but your statement is clearly proven false just from this one counter example

1. Shamz wrote: January 17, 2013 9:15pm

Is that so? Then go buy buy ur Samsung.You can never get anything perfect. Sony has great build quality, amazing multimedia features while Samsung is praised for its great UI and flawless software experience. Everything has its own Pros and Cons.

2. Anonymous wrote: November 7, 2012 5:45pm

Yea i have owned samsung and sony TV’s and sound systems and i can pretty much say that sony is the better one.

3. Anonymous wrote: November 7, 2012 11:15pm

you people at Sony make awesome products…..kindly make them available equally everywhere…….You do make the best domestic consumer products!!!

4. Anonymous wrote: November 10, 2012 4:59pm

Did they really have to compare them all I do is see if there is a sony logo then I know I’m getting a premium device rather than some mediocre thing