Sony’s VAIO Tap 20 Tabletop PC Hits The US (VIDEO)

by Gina 10/11/2012

Sony today introduced its first mobile Tabletop PC for the U.S. market, the VAIO® Tap 20 PC combining innovative hardware designs with rich touch experiences powered by Windows 8. David from the VAIO team stopped by the SGNL by Sony set to chat with Anthony on the specs and features including its 20-inch screen that can lay flat and removable battery. For the 80′s kids out there, you’ll have to let me know if it brings you back to the PAC-MAN table tops we used to see at pizza joints. Can’t wait to play games on this one… In addition to the VAIO Tap, David also mentions an update to the VAIO T and VAIO E series worth checking out. Enjoy.

1. Anonymous wrote: October 29, 2012 6:56pm

I wonder how long these will be out of stock. I should have ordered one weeks ago when I first saw it.

1. Kathleen wrote: November 1, 2012 12:17pm

Glad you’re excited as we are! You can always hit the “Notify Me” button :) Thanks for the comment.

2. Anonymous wrote: November 26, 2012 4:48pm

Now the big question is when will we see a bag/sleeve for carrying/protecting it? If I can carry it around, I might use it at work!

1. Kathleen wrote: November 27, 2012 3:38pm

Hi there, thanks for your question! I’ll follow up on this and get back to you.

2. Kathleen wrote: November 27, 2012 5:54pm

Hi again, turns out that there will be a bag available in mid-December. Keep an eye out for it on store.sony.com!

3. Anonymous wrote: December 4, 2012 1:26pm

Why no HDMI connector. This is the perfect conference room PC, but it has no way to connect to additional displays to share the screen.

1. Kathleen wrote: December 5, 2012 1:25pm

Hi there, we recommend the Targus USB 3.0 Video Adapter for customers who want additional display options. Here’s the link: http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=ACA039US&PageName=Cables%20&%20Hubs%20Accessories%20by%20Targus%20USA&productCategoryId=11&bucketTypeId=0&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt

Thanks for your question!

1. Anonymous wrote: December 10, 2012 2:39pm

Thank you for the link. I’ve order one and look forward to using the Tap in my conference room!

1. Kathleen wrote: December 12, 2012 1:11pm

Awesome! Hope you love it.

4. akash wrote: January 13, 2013 4:30am

when will it arrive in india?
    badly waiting for it

5. Kristina wrote: March 11, 2013 8:58am

I am having a hard time setting up the microphone function to facilitate an online chat. Can you please tell me the proper configurations because there is too much feedback in the background.