Last night, we officially unveiled the new Fall Lineup of Sony VAIO computers in NY. From the VAIO Tap to the VAIO T series, we’ve got something for everyone.
Of course, we wanted you all to get your hands on these new gadgets, too. That’s why we’re giving you the chance to win the VAIO Duo.
There are two ways to enter, here’s how:
Pretty easy right?
One entry is allowed per person, and only U.S. residents are eligible. Three winners will be selected by random drawing.
The sweepstakes runs for 24 hours starting 8 a.m. PT, Oct. 12 and ends 8 a.m. PT, Oct 13, so get your entry in now!
Winners will be contacted via Direct Message on Twitter or through the email address provided to the Sony Blog. Check the official rules below. Good luck!
SONY WIN A PC SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING ANY SONY PRODUCT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This “Sony Win a PC Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding territories) and age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sony”), their affiliates and members of immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Sweepstakes/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sony & Others”) and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Sweepstakes, execution of, or supply to this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit blog.sony.com and post your answers to the question as a comment on the blog post “Enter for a chance to win A Just Announced Sony VAIO® PC”. Additional profile information will be optional and not required to enter the Sweepstakes, and will not impact your chances of winning. Answers can also be posted via Twitter to @SonyElectronics, and using the #SonyVAIO and #Windows8 hashtags.
The entry/Tweet (i) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (ii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (iii) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iv) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (v) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to Sony; (vi) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Sweepstakes website, associated third party websites and/or the proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (vii) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); and (viii) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Sweepstakes.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 8:00am Pacific Standard Time on October 12, 2012 and ends at 8:00am Pacific Standard Time on October 13 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by Sony during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sony and will not be returned. Online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered subscriber of the e-mail account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Selection of the winners will be at random from the lot of entrants who answer “I’d use a #SonyVAIO with #WINDOWS8 to …” during the Promotion Period. This selection will take place within six (6) days of the end of the Promotion Period. All decisions by Sony regarding selection of the winner shall be binding and final in all respects.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. The respective potential winners of the Grand Prizes will be selected by Sony via random drawing on or about October16, 2012 from among the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event of noncompliance, if the winner cannot be reached at the e-mail address or Twitter account submitted with entry, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and Sony may select an alternate winner. No cash alternative or substitution of any prizes will be offered. No prize transfer permitted. Sony reserves the sole right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all respects. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Any winner agrees to provide Sony with necessary information to complete any necessary I.R.S. 1099 and other forms. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, likeness, and/or statements made by or attributed to winner for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any entrant who tampers with the Sweepstakes or engages in fraudulent activity with respect to the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Registrations received from any persons or email addresses in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Sony is not responsible for lost, late or illegible entries.
SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRES
S OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prize Sony VAIO Duo 11 (Actual retail value: Tap 20 $1099.99). Odds of winning depend on the number of submissions received during the Promotion Period. A winner will be selected in accordance with Section 4 of these Official Rules.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All Sweepstakes entrants release Sony and Others from any and all liability and claims or causes of action with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prizes, including without limitation liability for personal injury, death, damages, or financial loss. Sony is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sony and Others assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sony and Others are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Sony is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrants or third parties. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the Sweepstakes, or defraud Sony in any way may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sony which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sony reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
8. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: Sony PC Sweepstakes Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
9. Winner List: For the names of the winners, send email to Jennifer.Martin@am.sony.comno later than December 31, 2012.
Sony PC Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2012 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.
Sony Help or Support For questions or comments related to support, please click here.