Today, we’re at Google I/O showing off the 2nd gen Sony Google TV set-top box to our developer friends. Not only will they be getting hands-on demos of the product, they’ll be going home with a brand spankin’ new device before it even hits shelves!
Of course, we wanted you guys to get in on the fun, too. That’s why we are giving away 6 Sony Google TV bundles including the set-top box , a snazzy t-shirt, and a Google I/O pin.
There are two ways to enter, here’s how:
Pretty easy right?
One entry is allowed per person, and only U.S. residents are eligible. Six winners will be selected at random.
The sweepstakes runs for 24 hours starting 6 p.m. PT, June 28th and ends 6 p.m. PT, June 29, so get your entry in now!
Winners will be contacted via Direct Message on Twitter or through the email address provided to the Sony Blog. Check the official rules below. Good luck, guys!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING ANY SONY PRODUCT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sony”), Google, their affiliates and members of immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.sony.com/blog and post your answers to the question as a comment on the blog post “Sony at Google IO”. Additional profile information will be optional and not required to enter the Sweepstakes, and will not impact your chances of winning. Answers can also be posted via Twitter to @SonyElectronics, or @GoogleTV and using the #SonyGoogleTV hashtag.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 6:00pm Pacific Standard Time on June 28th, 2012 and ends at 6:00pm Pacific Standard Time on June 29th 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by Sony or Google during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sony and will not be returned. Online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered subscriber of the e-mail account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Selection of the winners will be at random from the lot of readers who answer “I want a #SonyGoogleTV to…” during the Promotion Period, This selection will take place within six (6) days of the end of the Promotion Period. All decisions by Sony regarding selection of the winner shall be binding and final in all respects.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event of noncompliance, if the winner cannot be reached at the e-mail address or telephone number submitted with entry, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. No cash alternative or substitution of any prizes will be offered. No prize transfer permitted. If a prize is unavailable, Sony reserves the sole right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all respects. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Any winner agrees to provide Sony with necessary information to complete any necessary I.R.S. 1099 and other forms. By participating and accepting a prize, so long as there is no legal prohibition, winner agrees to the use of his/her name for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to him/her relating to Sony or this Sweepstakes, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Any entrant who tampers with the Sweepstakes or provides fraudulent data will be disqualified. Registrations received from any persons or email addresses in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Sony is not responsible for lost, late or illegible entries.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prize (6): Sony Set-top box with Google TV, Google IO Pin, Google IO T-shirt. Odds of winning depend on the number of submissions received during the Promotion Period. A winner will be selected in accordance with Section 4 of these Official Rules.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All Sweepstakes entrants release Sony, its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the Sweepstakes from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prizes, including without limitation liability for personal injury, death, damages, or financial loss. Sony is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sony assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sony is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Sony is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the Sweepstakes, or defraud Sony in any way may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sony which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sony reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
8. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: Sony GoogleIO Sweepstakes Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sony Help or Support For questions or comments related to support, please click here.