Press Room

Personal Space is now PlayMemories Online™ Service

by Team Sony 04/25/2012

Today, Personal Space – Sony’s cloud-based video and photo storage service — is becoming the PlayMemories Online service.

Part of the Sony Entertainment Network, the PlayMemories Online service gives you access to 5GB of storage, for free, to store all of your memories. That’s about 5,000 hi-res photos or 1.5 hours of video. All you need is a Sony Entertainment Network ID (Don’t have one?  Get it here for free).

What’s cool about the PlayMemories Online service is that it lets you instantly access all of your pictures and videos anywhere, anytime, on any device.

That means the days of digging through your folders and devices for a specific photo/video are over – with the PlayMemories Online service, they’re all in the cloud and at your fingertips.

And when we say “on any device,” we mean it. Android™ Smartphone or Tablet? Yep. Apple® products? You got it.

Of course, it goes without saying that the PlayMemories Online service works with the latest suite of Sony products – BRAVIA® televisions, Sony Tablet™ S, Bloggie Live™ camera, Sony Xperia™ smartphones, and more.

Now that we’ve established how simple it is to view content, let’s tackle the uploading. The process couldn’t be easier, whether you’re transferring stuff from PlayMemories Home™ software, PlayMemories Studio™ software, or PlayMemories Mobile™ app (available in Google Play™ and the iTunes® app Store). It literally takes one step, freeing up your time to focus on what’s important – capturing your memories.

No converting, coding, or copying necessary. Just painless, hassle-free enjoyment of your personal content. Simple as that.

If you’re already a Personal Space user, all of your existing photos and videos are now available through the PlayMemories Online service.

To learn more, visit PlayMemoriesOnline.com.

1. Anonymous wrote: April 25, 2012 9:48pm

This is NOT a worldwide service! The apps for Android says it’s not available in my country.

2. Anonymous wrote: April 26, 2012 12:57am

Wen will the Android app download ready in the Netherlands?

3. Anonymous wrote: April 27, 2012 8:31am

Nice, another Sony service which is blocked in my country!

Sometimes you wonder if Sony knows that the internet HAS NO BORDERS!

4. Anonymous wrote: July 17, 2012 8:53pm

Can’t create an account from the US. this is crap.

1. Kathleen wrote: July 18, 2012 10:47am

Oh noes! I’ve forwarded your email along to our customer service team. Expect to hear back from them shortly.

2. Sarah wrote: July 18, 2012 12:03pm

Hi there. We’re sorry to hear you’re having an issue with creating an account for PlayMemories. We would be happy to lend a hand. Please email us at sonylistens@am.sony.com and we will get you in contact with the proper team. We look forward to assisting you.

Best Regards,
      Sarah Kepler

5. Anonymous wrote: July 20, 2012 6:32pm

When I add a Comment for a photo using PlayMemories Home, I cannot see it in File Properties (for example in Windows Explorer). I see a bunch of hieroglyphs instead. This means that the Comment is somehow encoded. Is it possible to configure the program in such a way that the comment is visible in File Properties? Comments can be very useful, but I am reluctant to spend much time adding Comments to hundreds of photos if this info is not stored in a standard way which means it can be eventually lost.

1. Kathleen wrote: July 23, 2012 4:58pm

Uh-oh … Are you located in the U.S.? If so, I can send your email addy along to the support team and they can assist.

6. Anonymous wrote: August 3, 2012 2:22pm

Hi, how does playmemoriesonline integrate with my brand spanking new Bravia HX923? It doesn’t seem to be part of the firmware and certainly isn’t under the SEN menu options?

I’d really like to be able to view my photos from my big TV :)

1. Kathleen wrote: August 3, 2012 7:23pm

Hi there, thanks for commenting! I’ve sent your question along to the customer service team. You should be hearing from them early next week and hopefully they’ll be able to help you figure out how to view photos from your TV. Have an awesome weekend.

7. Anonymous wrote: October 15, 2012 7:22pm

I have a bloggie touch MHS-TS20 – everything seems to work fine,,,but when I try to upload to Youtube. Youtube rejects it. On etime it took over one hour and a half to upload then youtube rejected it. What do I do? My gmail is mldennis7@gmail.com

8. Anonymous wrote: October 16, 2012 4:30pm

I keep encountering my question online, but there are never answers. i now have playmemories home, playmemories online, and playmemories studio. i have 2 questions. first, HOW exactly do i access the pictures i have placed in playmemories online from my ps3? second, is there a way to upload pictures/video FROM playmemories online TO playmemories studio?
    THANK YOU!

9. Anonymous wrote: October 24, 2012 1:11am

I have recently been having problems uploading my photos from PMH to Facebook. I keep getting this error message.This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying. I can connect to FB normally through
    Explorer. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, but no luck. It was working fine a couple of months ago and I have not used PMH for a while. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1. Kathleen wrote: October 24, 2012 9:13pm

Hi there, have you tried reaching out to our support team yet? SonyListens@am.sony.com

2. Anonymous wrote: October 29, 2012 3:01pm

i am having the same problem uploading my photos from PMH to facebook. Getting the (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) . i even called support and the engineer from support was having the same problem .

1. Kathleen wrote: November 1, 2012 12:24pm

Yikes! I will follow up with our support team and see if they can help you out.

3. Anonymous wrote: October 31, 2012 1:25pm

I am having the same issue…SO frustrating! Please let me know if you figure out how to fix it. Thanks!!!

1. Kathleen wrote: November 1, 2012 12:24pm

Hi there, I’ll be sure to pass your contact info along to our support team so they can help you out. Thanks for your comment.

10. Anonymous wrote: November 4, 2012 1:04am

PlayMemories just replaced the original Sony software that came with my DSC-HX9V. Now my iSweep Panoramas do not play on my computer. I just get a long still picture. Has Sony stopped supporting iSweep. I just got the camer about 6 months ago!

11. Anonymous wrote: November 4, 2012 1:14am

Please delete previous comment. I figured out how to make the iSweep Panorama work.

1. Kathleen wrote: November 5, 2012 1:25pm

Glad you figured it out! Let us know if you have any more questions. Our support team is more than happy to help.

12. ryan wrote: March 27, 2013 11:16pm

Was there ever a solution to the uploading to Facebook problem? I am running into the same thing now, first time user.

13. satrio wrote: April 30, 2013 11:30pm

I can’t find playmemories for iphone on appstore anymore. Is there a new name for the app?

1. Sony Support USA wrote: May 2, 2013 7:10am

Hello satrio,

I’m not sure why it is not showing in search, but I found it here:

Best Regards, Scott Fuentes
      Sony Support USA

14. kali wrote: June 18, 2013 9:38pm

Is there a way to play my photos and videos as a slideshow on my Bravia TV? I’m new to the playmemories software but it seems I have to hit the arrow keys to get the photos to advance.

15. Charles wrote: December 7, 2013 8:00am

Is there a way to play a slideshow and show the comments that have been left on each photo?