Straight from the Sony labs: Sony 3D technology in development

by Team Sony 01/08/2011

The lines to see the technology Sony has in development were long ¬†at CES. Between the 3D head-mount display, 3D OLED monitor and the 3D portable Blu-ray players, that section of the booth was a constant traffic jam. I couldn’t help but take the opportunity to share the prototypes with our online community, so I took a camera out on the floor and shot this demonstration with Arturo Jordan, who specializes in all things 3D at Sony Electronics. Take a look at the video then let us know if you can imagine any of these devices coming in handy in your life. I can tell you after trying on the 3D head-set, I’m putting my name on the list to see if the engineers need a product tester!

Did you come by the show? Let us know what you think of the new technologies.

1. Rolly Ocampo wrote: January 8, 2011 10:40pm

sony 3d technology is the best….

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 9, 2011 10:38pm

Awesome! Thanks for leaving a note!

2. Nayaz Mohammed wrote: January 9, 2011 2:18am

this is awesome finally they bring without 3d glasses 3d display

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 9, 2011 10:37pm

Yes, the glass free applications were very interesting. Again, what you saw in the video are prototypes but it’s exciting to see what’s ahead for 3D! Thanks for the comment.

3. Todd Meador wrote: January 9, 2011 11:27am

i think sony should creat a awesome game system with xbox

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 9, 2011 10:34pm

Now that would be an interesting new technology! Thanks for the comment!

4. Ballagh wrote: January 10, 2011 3:46pm

I wasnt able to attend the conference. Does this basically have the shutter built into the screen? I really hope Sony looks into making the PSP2 or next version 3D also. That would be very cool. I have the 3D bloggie and WX9 on preorder, and another way to show off videos and photos on the go would be really cool. I have a 46″ 3D bravia, and am very impressed with it. The 3D feature where it converts 2D into 3D was actually impressive also. I watched the Packer game yesterday, and some shots were really cool, and others were just a cleaner version on HD. It was the replay shots of the plays that looked really nice and deep. Awesome job!!!!

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 13, 2011 1:33pm

Hey Ballagh, thanks for the comments. Sounds like you have a serious stash of Sony gear! Which product is your question about? I believe the glasses have the technology built into the screens (there are two), but I’ll have to find out about the other two glass-less displays. Hope you’re having an awesome day.. BTW – congrats on the Bloggie!!!

5. Anonymous wrote: January 10, 2011 5:02pm

Great show in the booth y’all.

I wasn’t able to find anyone to show/detail the 3D production software demo’d on main stage. Any dates, prices or details to share?

Thanks.
    (p.s. Am planning to watch the BCS Championships on ESPN3D on my 55″ Bravia tonight. Can’t wait!)

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 11, 2011 11:25am

Hey there! Thanks for the note. What software are you referring to? Maybe you can describe where you saw it in the booth and I can track down some info for you. Thanks for the comment BTW!

6. Anonymous wrote: January 14, 2011 8:45am

And my brand new Sony’s tv 55″ 3D with glasses are now obsolete

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 19, 2011 11:46am

Hello there… and hang on! Your awesome Sony 55″ 3D HDTV is far from obsolete. The future technologies we showed at CES are not anything you can buy yet. When it comes to the 3D experience in your home, you’ve got exactly what you need!

7. Anonymous wrote: June 19, 2011 9:08pm

hell0, talking about the 3d glasses of sony i don’t think it was the perfect one. with respect to the flickering images on the sony 3d tv glasses it still need to do a lot. In short it doesn’t work like the FPR technology.