Bloggie Touch Software now available for Macs

by Team Sony 01/28/2011

If you’ve purchased a Sony® Bloggie Touch HD Camera and use a Mac computer to manage and upload your photos and video, this blog post is for you. While the camera has always worked with Macs, the software that comes onboard has been limited to PCs. Many Bloggie Touch fans have told us that you want to take full advantage of everything the Bloggie camera has to offer, including the onboard software, so we’ve made a Mac version of it available as a download from Sony’s eSupport site.

Check out this quick video I made to walk you through the basics of getting the new Mac version of the software. In the video you’ll also get a peek at the interface, so if you’re looking for a streamlined way to share, sort, edit and post your photos and video, take a few minutes and get to know the Bloggie software.

Keep in mind, this update is for current Bloggie Touch models that are on store shelves right now including the MHS-TS10, MHS-TS20 and MHS-TS20K. When the new Bloggie Entry, Bloggie Duo and Bloggie 3D (aka MHS-FS1, MHS-FS2 and MHS-FS3) become available, the updated Mac-compatible software will already be on board. Keep an eye on our blog for price and availability for the new models. In the meantime, have fun with your Bloggie camera and if you like, send us links to your favorite Bloggie-captured photos and videos!

1. Rob Marlbrough wrote: January 28, 2011 1:51pm

Great video, the software looks awesome.

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 28, 2011 4:16pm

Thanks a million for the comment and glad you enjoyed the video! My new years resolution is to video blog much more so you’ll be seeing me with a bloggie in hand a lot more often. Thanks again for the note!

2. Anonymous wrote: January 28, 2011 3:41pm

SOOOOOOOOO happy about this!

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 28, 2011 4:15pm

Can’t wait to hear your feedback on the software. I’m thinking of doing a video tutorial about it too.

3. Anonymous wrote: January 30, 2011 9:46am

FINALLY!
    SONY is now cool again!
    I was really unhappy, as I bought my Bloggie a few weeks ago, convinced that it’d work with my Macs… and it didn’t.
    Today I found that Sony already released Mac version of Bloggie software. It would have been nice if Sony warned me about it, as I wrote a complaint and got no reply… but, anyway, it seems Sony did a great job and the App is cool.

4. Anonymous wrote: January 31, 2011 5:02am

European users can download the software here : http://support.sony-europe.com > select model

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 31, 2011 10:02am

Awesome! Thanks for the link.

5. Anonymous wrote: January 31, 2011 7:32am

Sukhjit,

By chance, is this software compatible with the older Bloggies, i.e. MHS-CM5?

1. Sukhjit wrote: January 31, 2011 10:00am

Morning and thanks for the comment. Unfortunately the update is for Bloggie models indicated on the esupport site only, for now. If that changes I’ll certainly let you know.

6. Anonymous wrote: January 31, 2011 10:08am

okay? where is tumblr?

7. Anonymous wrote: February 23, 2011 7:51am

I just received the Bloggie as a gift last week and I currently have a PC. However, I am going to be getting a Mac so I didn’t know if I should wait to charge or upload photos? I wasn’t sure if it would format the Bloggie to a PC and then not be able to work with my Mac later! Does it do anything internally to the Bloggie?

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 23, 2011 9:50am

Hello. You should have no problem going from PC to Mac with your Bloggie Touch. I have one and use it on both kinds of machines. Give it a try and let us know how the process worked for you. It should be very straightforward.

8. Anonymous wrote: March 6, 2011 10:19pm

Would like to see Ipad allow bloogie file transfer. It would allow for more video in the field…

I use the bloogie for field surveys, often run out of memory, 8G limit, my Ipad has 32G, of which over 16G are available… would sure be helpful.

1. Sukhjit wrote: March 7, 2011 9:53am

Hi there! Thanks for the note. I haven’t tried transferring files to an iPad. Can you transfer other MP4 files to it?

9. Anonymous wrote: May 25, 2011 8:27pm

Can I download pictures from my Bloggie touch HD directly to my iPad?? When it is connected I get the message that it cannot connect to the USB device because of not enough power. Both devices are fully charged. My iPad is 64 gig and plenty of available space. I am on a trip and would like to download pictures. Thanks!

1. Sukhjit wrote: June 8, 2011 10:51am

This feels like a job for esupport.sony.com. Have you been in touch with them yet? I’m also forwarding your note to our service team. I think we need to do some investigating!

10. Anonymous wrote: June 11, 2011 6:12am

how do i down load the recordings from the bloggi to my Sony VIO pls

1. Sukhjit wrote: June 12, 2011 1:57pm

Have you connected the camera to your computer using the USB arm? After that make sure the camera is on, then you should see prompts on screen. If this does not happen, please contact esupport.sony.com. They’ll be able to troubleshoot any technical issues.

11. Anonymous wrote: October 28, 2011 4:19pm

I just got a Bloggie and I cannot find the software I’m supposed to download first. I have a Windows XP and I followed the instructions until clicking ‘My Computer’. When I clicked it, though, I did not see ‘Bloggie Software’. Did I do something wrong? Or should I have done something different?

1. Sukhjit wrote: October 31, 2011 9:04am

Did you go to esupport.sony.com yet? You should find help info there? Here’s a direct link to the Bloggie section http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?model_type_group_id=2

12. Anonymous wrote: February 4, 2012 1:26pm

hey i lost my bloggies charger so i have a idea i just need to know if it will work the idea is if i can charge it by my computer

1. Sukhjit wrote: February 5, 2012 3:52pm

You should be able to. Also, check out Store.Sony.com for a replacement.

13. Anonymous wrote: April 7, 2012 12:35am

Why can’t the software for macs be compatible for PowerPC versions with the same OX system 10.5 or greater? This is what I have and I’m disappointed since it doesn’t.