Press Room

Video demo of the newly announced Sony Alpha a55v

by Team Sony 09/12/2010

Last month we introduced you to three new models of Sony Alpha cameras and the latest in Sony interchangeable lens DSLR technology. Here is a closer look at one of the cameras, the 16.2 megapixel Sony Alpha a55V. It won’t be in stores until October but we wanted to give you a closer look at the features that make this camera stand out from others in the sub $1000 DSLR category.

The video below has sample images and video from the camera and is a deeper dive into some of the new features. Watch it and let us know what is most exciting to you. Phase Detection, Translucent Mirror Technology, 3D Sweep Panorama? This camera will be sure to keep you photo enthusiasts out there smiling ear to ear.

1. Anonymous wrote: September 13, 2010 2:24pm

I’m such a Canon girl… but this one has me on the edge.. if you need anyone to review- I’d love to test drive one!

1. Sukhjit wrote: September 24, 2010 10:49am

:) Will you KIT? I want to hear what you think after you take the new alpha 55 for a spin!

2. Anonymous wrote: September 14, 2010 6:19am

Like Cannon girl, I would love to test drive this camera to do a side comparative with the Nokia camera I have. We’ll see!

1. Sukhjit wrote: September 24, 2010 10:48am

Can’t wait to hear what you and “canon girl” think of the new camera once you try it! Did you see this article? http://tinyurl.com/2f4geb3

3. Robert Roth wrote: September 14, 2010 5:57pm

Sony Blogger,

Is there someone at your company who is the liaison to professional photojournalists? Would you please have him or her contact me?

Thanks!

1. Sukhjit wrote: September 24, 2010 10:47am

Hey there! Check your inbox for a message from me. Good to me in touch with you and thank you for leaving a comment here!

4. Anonymous wrote: September 16, 2010 2:18pm

I can’t wait to get my hands on one… I plan to blog about one of the features every day (hopefully providing useful info to newbies at the same time familiarizing myself with everything it can do).

1. Sukhjit wrote: September 24, 2010 10:44am

Hello Anon! Great to see your excitement! Would you share your blog with me once you get going? I’m looking forward to seeing your review! You can leave a link here or if you are on twitter, tweet me @sukhjit!

5. Anonymous wrote: September 22, 2010 4:08pm

The worst call center experience ever. I purchased a clearance item from them with three day shippment. At the day of arrival still processing my order. Talked to supervisors who informed me that I have to wait for my turns. The shipment is three days however preparation of shipment my take more than that. Supervisor Jennifer E told me today that they have a research team looking for laptops for people who ordered item which were not really available as clearance item should be. Supervisors give you any info just to get rid off of you. Can any call center supervisor call me. I am a businessman and I do not have time to play games. I need my item immediately.
    -jack j

6. Anonymous wrote: October 2, 2010 3:54pm

Looks Amazing! I can’t wait to try one out!