As you’ve been reading, we’ve been up and down both coasts with Billabong on their High Five Movie Tour. And as we roll into the end of August, we’ve approached our final two tour stops.
To begin, we drove into Newport Beach for a unique screening at the historic Lido Theater. Opening its doors for the first time in 1938, the theater continues on to this day and stands as an authentically rare relic from the glamour of 1930’s Hollywood. Plus, being only a block away from the ocean and with surfers of all ages calling Newport Beach their home, the Lido has evolved into the surf film capital of Southern California running a full schedule of classic and new surf films.
With so much character the theater offered the perfect backdrop for a screening of High Five and to kick things off right, guitarist Wally P (right) – who contributed to the film’s soundtrack – performed live before the film began.
From Newport Beach, we then landed in San Diego for our final stop. Home to countless popular beaches, San Diego seemed like the ideal place to wrap things up. To celebrate the successful summer tour we headed downtown to Quality Social for one last hurrah and screening.
As always, we brought a camera crew along to both events to record all the fun and capture the reaction of Collin J. (left) – the second fan to win a new W Series in our three stop homestretch. Check out his reaction and all the highlights from the past two events in the clips below. You can also find photos from all the events on our flickr page and keep reading after the video for your chance to win free stuff.
<object width=”560″ height=”340″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/RS8eFXe9bFU?fs=1&hl=en_US”> <embed src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/RS8eFXe9bFU?fs=1&hl=en_US” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”560″ height=”340″></embed></object>
Now for the best part. Because not all of our readers live in Southern California, we wanted to ensure you didn’t feel left out from all the excitement. So, starting today, we’ll be giving away 2 Imperial Lime W Series PCs and 10 Billabong boardshorts to some lucky fans.
Here’s how it works. Simply answer all 3 pop quiz questions below correctly by leaving your answers in the comment section. If you get stuck you can find hints to the answers by clicking the link to the related story. Next Friday, September 3rd, we’ll close the contest and randomly select 2 grand prize winners and 10 boardshort winners from the lot of those who answered all 3 questions correctly. We’ll announce the winners as a follow up to this post shortly thereafter. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you thought of the movie if you saw it!
P.S. Be sure that when you post your comment, you enter your real e-mail address in the e-mail field below (not in the comment area). Without a valid e-mail address in that field, I won’t be able to reach you if you win!
All the details our lawyers make us include:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING ANY SONY PRODUCT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sony”), their affiliates and members of immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit http://blog.sony.com/ vaio-news-recent-tour-stop-recaps-a-contest-for-you and post your answers to the pop quiz as a comment on the blog post “VAIO News: Recent Tour Stop Recaps + a Contest for You.” Additional profile information will be optional and not required to enter the Sweepstakes, and will not impact your chances of winning.
Alternate entry method: Participants can also mail in a sweepstakes entry. To enter, send a postcard with your name (first and last), address (street, city, state and zip) phone number or email address, and your answers to the pop quiz. Send Mail-in entries to Sony Electronics Community Giveaway Sweepstakes Mail-in Entry, Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127, MZ 1097.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on August 25, 2010 and ends at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on September 3, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by Sony during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sony and will not be returned. Online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered subscriber of the e-mail account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Selection of the winners will be at random from the lot of readers who answered all three questions correctly during the Promotion Period. This selection will take place within seven (7) days of the end of the Promotion Period. All decisions by Sony regarding selection of the winner shall be binding and final in all respects.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event of noncompliance, if the winner cannot be reached at the e-mail address or telephone number submitted with entry, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. No cash alternative or substitution of any prizes will be offered. No prize transfer permitted. If a prize is unavailable, Sony reserves the sole right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all respects. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Any winner agrees to provide Sony with necessary information to complete any necessary I.R.S. 1099 and other forms. By participating and accepting a prize, so long as there is no legal prohibition, winner agrees to the use of his/her name for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to him/her relating to Sony or this Sweepstakes, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Any entrant who tampers with the Sweepstakes or provides fraudulent data will be disqualified. Registrations received from any persons or email addresses in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Sony is not responsible for lost, late or illegible entries.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prize (2): A Sony VAIO W Series. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $499. 1St Place Prize (10): A billabong boardshort. Aprroximate Retail Value (ARV): $50. Twelve (12) winners will be selected, the first two selected will be deemed the Grand Prize winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of registrations received during the Promotion Period. Only one prize per person. A winner will be selected in accordance with Section 4 of these Official Rules.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All Sweepstakes entrants release Sony, its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the Sweepstakes from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prizes, including without limitation liability for personal injury, death, damages, or financial loss.
Sony is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sony assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sony is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Sony is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the Sweepstakes, or defraud Sony in any way may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sony which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sony reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
8. WINNERS LIST: A Winners List will be available within ten (10) days after the end of the Promotion Period. For a list of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sony Electronics Community Giveaway Sweepstakes Winner List, Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127. All requests must be received within ninety (90) days after the end of the Promotion Period.
9. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.