Presales Start for 3D Ready Blu-ray Players & Home Theater Systems on Sony Style

by Gina 02/10/2010

If you’ve been following the 3D buzz or just in the market for a Blu-ray player, we’ve got some new models now available for pre-sale on Sony Style which are 3D ready. The first is model BDP-S470 followed by its Blu-ray player sibling, the BDP-S570.

What does 3D ready mean? Great question.

If you’re planning on getting a Bravia TV capable of 3D playback, come summertime, like the PS3, these models can be upgraded to play Blu-ray 3D content with a firmware update. Priced at about $200 shipped (excl tax), the S470 has all the necessities of a Blu-ray player plus some additional features such as Bravia Internet video, BD-LIVE, and boasts the new Monolithic design. For about $50 more, the BDP-S570includes all the features of the S470 has to offer plus built-in Wi-Fi® Wireless (802.11) , IP Content Noise Reduction, and a built-in 1GB memory. Great prices for fully featured gadgets Blu-ray 3D capable (post firmware update). And if you’re not yet in the market for a new TV, these are still good models to snag as when you decide to purchase your next HDTV, it opens up more 3D options for you down the road.

Other items on pre-sale now related to 3D include the BDV-E770W and BDV-E570 Blu-ray Disc home theater systems. These two systems will also be Blu-ray 3D capable with firmware updates available this summer. The BDV-E770W is available for about $650 shipped (excl tax) and comes with 5.1-channel HD surround sound including wireless rear speakers. The BDV-570 is available for about $550 shipped (excl tax) and allows owners to wirelessly stream Netflix®, Amazon Video on Demand, Slacker®, YouTube™ and more, or turn your iPhone® or iPod touch® into a remote control by downloading a free app. We estimate shipments of pre-orders to start around the end of March.

If you haven’t yet seen Sony’s 3D demo at your local Sony Style store, check it out and see what the fun is about. If you’re not into polar bears now, you will be.

1. guest_user wrote: February 11, 2010 12:22pm

Apart from the ability to turn an iphone / ipod touch to a remote, I wonder if the home theater systems can play audio from these sources? The older home theater systems require an adaptor TDM-IP50

2. guest_user wrote: February 11, 2010 12:51pm

I have a Sony BDV1000. Can I use it as the emitter for the 3D glasses when used in combination of a new Sony HX900 TV? David Slagle

3. guest_user wrote: February 11, 2010 1:38pm

Will there be an XBR line for 2010, and if so, when will it be available?

4. Gina wrote: February 11, 2010 4:20pm

Hi First Guest that posted: Yes, It has usb port on the front panel. You can play ipod audio connecting by USB cable. For the second guest that posted who owns a BDVIT1000, you won’t be able to use the BDVIT1000 as the emitter. If you get the HX900 you’ll have to purchase the glasses and emitter separately. But the BDV-IT1000 has optical input so by connecting a 3D enabled Blu-ray player with a 3DTV and connecting the 3D Blu-ray player with the BDV-IT1000 by Optical cable, you can enjoy the surround sound of the 3D title, but it’s important to note that the audio will be DolbyDigital and DTS sound. Hope that info is helpful – Thx – Gina (Blog Editor).

5. Gina wrote: February 11, 2010 4:52pm

HI Guest. Yep we have 2 XBR series. The HX900 and the LX900. These models will be available in this summer. Here is a link to more info:
    There is also a notify me button where you can sign up to get more info as it becomes available (like pricing and any pre-sale opportunities). Hope this info is helpful. Thx – Gina (Blog Editor)

6. Jude3 wrote: February 11, 2010 5:33pm

I like the new feature to turn your ipod touch/iphone into a remote but I have an android phone and a walkman. Do you think Sony will make an app for the Android Market as well?

7. Kennyamr wrote: February 11, 2010 11:57pm

The HX900 and LX900 3DTVs are actually the new TVs for the XBR lineup of Sony.

8. guest_user wrote: February 12, 2010 5:32pm

Are the functions of the two home theater the same except the more expensive one includes a pair of wireless rear speakers? Thanks

9. Gina wrote: February 15, 2010 5:00pm

Hi Guest, the main difference is that the BDV-E770W includes the wireless S-AIR rear speaker and IP content noise reduction (which can improve the picture quality of internet video). Hope this info is helpful. Thanks – Gina (Blog Editor)

10. guest_user wrote: February 16, 2010 2:08pm

I am a great fan of SONY. However, the product line that is available at SONY India is either pathetic or too expensive vis-a-vis US price.For example, the older BDP-S350 (that is the only one available from them)is being sold at equivalent to US $ 560.They do not have 7.1 receiver.

I would like to know if SONY USA also sells 240 volt units?If yes, I can arrange to get a BDP and a receiver from USA.

Thanks.
    Prashant
    Mumbai,INDIA

11. guest_user wrote: February 18, 2010 1:05pm

I just purchased the BD S560, and I was told that it supported Netflix. It does not, and now I am concerned that it will not be upgradeable to 3D either.

Can you let me know if there is any remedy to my predicament?

Thanks

12. Gina wrote: February 22, 2010 12:04pm

Hi Guest, I am sorry. We don’t sell 240 volt units at Sony Style. -Gina (Blog Editor)

13. Joseph wrote: April 2, 2010 9:50am

Hi Gina,
    I own a BDP-S350 Blu ray Player which has the ability to receive firmware upgrades via ethernet. Does Sony plan to upgrade my player in order to play 3D content with it? I know that 3D gaming will be possible with the current PS3 s via firmware upgrades, and I was curious if SONY was planning to the same thing with the current Blu ray players.
    Thanks,

14. Gina wrote: April 6, 2010 5:36pm

Hi Joseph, thanks for writing in. At this time, the two Blu-ray disc players that will have a firmware update to allow the playback of Blu-ray 3D disc content (on a 3D capable TV), are the BDP-S470 and the BDP-S570. I hope this info helps! Thanks again – Gina (Blog Editor)

15. guest_user wrote: April 9, 2010 11:29am

Well there you have another company that treats the loyal buys like nothing. Our systems have the ability to get firmware updates so you can get the latest software feature. However what we are not telling you is that we have no intention on upgrading them we are going to make you go out and buy a new one. Although we might use it to fix any bugs we created in the system but that’s not guaranteed either. Well that is my two cents. What does Sony have to say about up dating the older players. I can wait to here this canned answer.

16. guest_user wrote: April 9, 2010 11:36am

Also to add to my last here is the Quote from the description page on my $399.00 play. BD-Live (when firmware update becomes available) brings you the next generation of interactivity, allowing you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more.

17. Nancy Johnson wrote: October 7, 2010 10:06am

But how about the BDP-N460?? Any 3D firmware upgrade for this unit?? I mean REALLY…. Otherwise I think at least a $100 off coupon for the high end models would be in order!!

1. Anonymous wrote: January 30, 2011 1:21pm

WHEN will you update firmware for blu-ray 3D ready 570 unit Ready really means how long can I wait after buying a 3D tv.