Live Update From NYC Event

by Team Sony 10/07/2009

It’s loud, crowded and so many things happening all at once.  I’m not sure which way to turn – there are so many interviews and photos I want to bring you.

With the new product announcements behind us, the event is  in full gear.  In one section of Guastavino’s huge facility – which is incorporated into the foundation of a bridge – noted urban artist Anthony Uranga is beginning work on a giant mural, symbolizing the creativity that goes into each VAIO.

In another corner, Thomas Pendelton is preparing his artwork for a live VAIO tattoo for one dedicated fan – a real tattoo!  We’ll have more on this, including an interview with Thomas, a little bit later.

And finally, in another corner, something that everyone is looking forward to, a live performance from Cirque Berzerk.  In the middle of everything stands the large stage where Cirque Bizerk will perform.  I’ve heard they’ll be incorporating the newly announced VAIO X Series into their routine.  Sounds dangerous but stay tuned to discover just how they pull that off.

For now though back to work.  Sukhjit, Jennifer and I will be covering everything that happens tonight including Cirque Bizerk’s performance and interviews with all the celebrities – in fact I think I just saw Mischa Barton walk by.  Remember, you can follow the ongoing conversation live on twitter @sonyelectronics using #VAIO7.  You can also follow us on YouTube and Facebook.  We’ll be posting updates and live vlogs throughout the night.  Plus, if you have a question for someone, leave it below and we’ll see if we can hunt down the answer.

1. guest_user wrote: October 23, 2009 1:43am

I have a new Viao Model PCG-7171L and it has a sticker on it saying it will upgrade to Windows 7 but when I got to sony.com/windows7 like the sticker says all I get is a window saying that this model does not support Windows 7

What is the story?

2. guest_user wrote: October 26, 2009 2:10pm

I have a Vaio PCG-7171L as well. It is not listed in the available models and the auto-detect does not work. I want the Windows 7 upgrade that the sticker on the laptop says I am entitled to. Whats up with this?

3. guest_user wrote: October 27, 2009 3:23am

I don’t think you are looking at the right model number. The model number for your PC is probably listed somwhere on the bezel of your notebook and would most likely start with VGN or VPC.

4. Michael wrote: October 28, 2009 5:58pm

@c. Bjornstad and T Kane. Rose is correct. The number you’re referring to is actually a reference number for an internal component. Your VAIO PC model number can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the LCD bezel. It will start with either “VGN-”, “VGC-”, or “VPC”. Plug that number into sony.com/windows7 to discover whether your PC is compatible with Windows 7. I hope this helps. Thanks for reading! Michael (Blog Editor)

5. guest_user wrote: November 6, 2009 9:43pm

i have vaio model vgn-ns325j laptop.just got windows 7 upgrade.transition went better than expected.one problem,i no longer have access to built in motion eye web cam.can you help me locate in windows 7.

6. guest_user wrote: December 30, 2009 2:39pm

My screen was dim and I turned the brightness on my screen all the way up and it is so much better and the colors are bright but when it is on the battery it is so much dimmer. I’m very diaspointed about that. Also the mouse is uncontrollable sometimes. It won’t move where you want it to move. One more thing. I went on line from the WEB button (one touch WEB access without booting up) and there is no RED X in the right hand corner of the screen to close a window. What’s up with that? Other than those things I like it.

7. el_diablo wrote: January 11, 2010 9:07pm

i am trying to find a way to track the gps signal from my daughters vaio laptop that was stolen 24 hrs ago please help thanks

8. guest_user wrote: January 27, 2010 8:31am

How do I get my free Windows 7? I bought my Sony laptop on 9/11/09. Model PCG 71736. Thank you

9. guest_user wrote: January 27, 2010 12:58pm

I would like to upgrade to W7 my laptop VAIO Model VGN-NW150J. How can I do it ??

10. guest_user wrote: January 28, 2010 5:28pm

how do i get my free windows 7,i bouth my laptop on nov.6,2009.,my laptop vaio model is vgn-ns330j.can you pls.reply…and thank you !!!